IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> MGN Exclusive: Cingular 3125 UPDATE!, Get it TODAY!
GrYph0n

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,097

Okay, okay! I know it is the 12th, and everyone is wondering where the Cingular 3125 is. You may be asking yourself if I even know what I am talking about or if I have reliable sources. Well to answer your questions and put your mind at ease, YES (IMG:http://www.mobilegadgetnews.com/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) .

This is all just to update the story and information that was posted on the 5th. See the origional story HERE.

A friend of mine just informed me via IM that the Cingular 3125's are in stock, and they will be taking orders for business users starting tomorrow. Just to be on the safe side, I called Cingular myself to confirm this information. Sure enough, if you are a business user on Cingular you will be able to dial 611 on the morning of 13 September 2006 starting at 8am EST to order your very own Cingular 3125 (3120 or 3100 is non-camera version, just ask they will know by then). Good luck, and happy dialing. Remember, you read it here first...

UPDATE 9/13/06

The Cingular 3125 is now posted for sale on the Cingular Business Site. The price $149 with a plan. Click on the image to link to Cingular.
Attached File  cing3125.JPG ( 23.94K ) Number of downloads: 184
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SkippyTheNurse

Gadget Junkie

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,753

So....when will they be available to non-business customers?And is there a student discount?

This post has been edited by SkippyTheNurse:

+Quote Post
GrYph0n

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Unfortunitly I don't have an answer to the availibility to the consumer market, but I am looking into it. I would imagine that it won't be too far off though. Just hope that they don't sell all their stock in the next week (IMG:http://www.mobilegadgetnews.com/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) . I will post something up as soon as I get more information concerning the Non-Business Cingular Customers.

+Quote Post
abatis

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626

Great scoop for the MGN viewers. This is a very good phone and well worth $149 from Cingular with their great coverage.

+Quote Post
rgrosse

Member No.: 1,190

I was just able to purchase the 3125 on the Cingular web site for $149 and keep my plan. I have a 2125 and was able to log on and upgrade the phone. Can't wait to check this phone out.

Regards

+Quote Post
smeg36

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,045

Every phone I've waited to buy takes about a week to become available to consumers after it's released to business. Anyone else notice the picture of it closed had an antenna on it? I wonder how they messed that up.

+Quote Post
abatis

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Smeg,

Good catch on the antenna. No way would anyone ruin this beautifully phone with that protrusion. That has to be a graphics error. It looks like the same pic as the LG CG225 closed front view. My wife has her replacement Qtek 8500 back and I think one of the biggest plus's of this HTC model line is the superior keypad. For the size of the phone the keys are very large and easy to hit. I think people are going to be very happy when they get this phone.

Here is kind of how the cart picture should look.

Attached File  cing3125.jpg ( 27.48K ) Number of downloads: 209

+Quote Post
GrYph0n

Site Administrator
Group Icon

I just can't wait to get a real confirmation that the 3125 has 128ROM, that would make me strongly consider getting a 3125 over my smartflip.

+Quote Post
hsolo

Member No.: 11,111

The Cingular specs also list a 1100mha battery as opposed to the 750mha listed as being in the Smartflip and other variations of the phone.

Not sure if that is true, but I am almost certain that the 128 meg ROM is true.

Also, I tried to order through b2b this morning, and couldn't. It now also appears to have been yanked from the main Cingular website as well.

+Quote Post
GrYph0n

Site Administrator
Group Icon

I just noticed that it was gone from the website as well once I talked my wife into me getting one once I confirmed that it truely is 128MB ROM. It is true about the battery being 1100mAh, but I was thinking it was 1150mAh (either way), now I wonder how much thicker that will make it... I am about to call to see if I can place an order that way, but I see that other people on top of you are having that problem as well. Something about a pricing issue, I hope they don't jack up the price. As always, stay tuned to MGN for the latest info.

If I get this, I will be selling my i-mate smartflip on MGN for $300, or posting on eBay (IMG:http://www.mobilegadgetnews.com/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
hsolo

I think it was listed as "over 1100 mAh", which could well mean 1150. My one reservation about this phone was that the battery life under normal usage was supposed to be 1/3 less than the 2125. But with the 1150 battery, it is definatley going to be my next phone. Now if only Cingular would allow b2b customers to buy it!!

+Quote Post
GrYph0n

Site Administrator
Group Icon

I just got off the phone with B2B, and the rep that was "helping" me was unable to locate it in her system. She then told me that it is available online only, but it isn't online anymore. I am wondering if someone screwed up on the pricing and a few lucky souls got away with a steal of a deal on this phone. Notice that in the listing it retails for $299, but that is insane. Look at the retail on the 2125, and this phone retails for a bit more. I am just worried that someone screwed up on the pricing, and we may see an increase (PURE SPECULATION AND RAMBELING ON MY PART!). Hope not because I have $150 credit on my account from my (wife's) 2125 rebate so I would almost be getting it for free if I could ever place an order.

+Quote Post
abatis

Site Administrator
Group Icon

It is 11:00 AM here in Denver and in the name of science and MGN research I just successfully ordered one 3125 from the link in GrYph's top post. It may be a zip code thing.

Here is the spec. I just copied from the link.
Attached File  3125spec.JPG ( 47.2K ) Number of downloads: 232

+Quote Post
hsolo

Well, I just tried a Denver zip code, (and a SoCal zip code), and still nothing. Maybe it's a coverage thing? In the name of science and MGN research I am more than happy for you to send me your 3125 when you receive it, and I will test it's coverage here in the Tampa area. I will report back my findings in a year, at no cost to anyone (you know, interest of science and MGN research and all that!)

+Quote Post
abatis

Site Administrator
Group Icon

I hope it shows up in 2 days like they say.

Thank you for choosing Cingular Wireless. We look forward to providing
you with the best coverage over the largest digital voice and data
network in America. Remember, if you need help at any time, you can
count on our knowledgeable customer service representatives and
convenient online account management tools to be there when you need
them.

You should receive your item(s) within one to two business days, based
on the shipping method you selected.

Here is a copy of your order summary:

Order Number: 9XXXXXXXX Qty. One-Time Price Monthly Rate Description 1
N/A N/A Quick Start 1 $149.99 N/A Cingular 3125 1 N/A $0.00 Three-Way
Calling 1 N/A $0.00 Unlimited Mobile to Mobile Calling - Nation 1 N/A
$0.00 Caller ID 1 N/A $0.00 Call Waiting 1 N/A $0.00 Call Forwarding 1
N/A $0.00 Detailed Billing - Nation 1 N/A $0.00 Long Distance 1 N/A
$0.00 Basic Voice Mail 1 N/A

+Quote Post
GrYph0n

Site Administrator
Group Icon

This is just weird. I have tried with each line, using Zips from all over the country (including Denver and New York), with no luck at all. I can tell you that at least with me that SoCal zips are a bust as well. This is getting frustrating...

+Quote Post
hsolo

It's back up on their website.....same price!! It even has a link directly from their home page.

I have asked someone at the office to call b2b again for me.

+Quote Post
hsolo

Well, it's still not available on the B2B website....I thought B2B was supposed to have access to devices BEFORE regular consumers!!

+Quote Post
hsolo

It is now (finally) listed on the B2B website. I am having someone in my office order me one as I write this! Just in time as my 2125 had gotten a little wet, and the joystick was not working properly.

+Quote Post
omega2008

Group Icon

Member No.: 7,026

Just ordered mine from the B2B site. I hope I like it lol.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: