Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I have just purchased a New,Unbranded & unlocked MPX200
Mannyg
post Nov 24 2004, 03:00 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,878

Hello everyone and thankyou for letting Me post on this superb forum.I have just purchased a brand new,unlocked,unbranded(no operator logos)MPX200 and here are my initial observations over my previous phone a SE P800,this Motorola Smartphone Rocks!The screen is tremendous and the internet/wap/gprs is quick!I do not know what firmware i have but is quick!I also set up My AOL e-mails by posting a WAP link that AOL Mobile sent Me as this phone does not have automatic settings unlike some of the older phones and there i was checking my e-mails within minutes.Plus being a phone that was purchased Unlocked and European version,i have access to full Triband operations,i love this phone and am more than delighted with it plus i can at last keep the phone in my pocket!The P800 was good but this just blows it out of the water!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wizzlesteets
post Nov 24 2004, 03:15 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 5,733

Overall it is a good phone but consider yourself fortunate. You can find the version under Settings>About. Also, keep in mind, "If it aint broke don't fix it!"

+Quote Post
KingDaddy
post Nov 24 2004, 03:16 PM
Post #3

Hardcore Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 188
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

I'm not trying to be a naysayer here, but why didn't you buy a newer phone with more features?

--------------------
Lambrettas: 1974 Jet 200

Vespas: 1987 PK50XLS Plurimatic, 2001 ET4 150

Clearance: Interim Top Secret

+Quote Post
Mannyg
post Nov 24 2004, 03:21 PM
Post #4

The reason i didn't buy a newer version vbecause this was being sold brand new at a bargain price i just needed a decent phone/pda to check e-mails,check my flying duties as i'm a Pilot,and a pocketable device,no laptops due to not wanting to regularly carry a big suitcase!So far no humming sound plus working keyboard lights!

+Quote Post
KingDaddy
post Nov 24 2004, 03:35 PM
Post #5

Hardcore Gadget Junkie

How cheap, if I may ask? Did you have to do a contract?

Seriously, I'm just trying to understand.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mannyg
post Nov 24 2004, 07:37 PM
Post #6

No i purchased it as a standalone handset as you would direct from Motorola and popped in My Vodafone UK sim card and voila everything works perfectly!Well so far so good,i paid £110 for it.

+Quote Post
krelvinaz
post Nov 25 2004, 12:01 AM
Post #7

Hardcore Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 3,048
Phone: Other
Carrier: Verizon
PocketPC: Other

Doesn't sound like a very good deal. That makes it $206 US

--------------------
Samsung Omnia i910 - Former Samsung SCH i760 (2gb MicroSD) - Former Treo700W user
USB720 WWan Device Rev. A for Remote WWAN Access.

+Quote Post
KingDaddy
post Nov 25 2004, 12:14 AM
Post #8

Hardcore Gadget Junkie

Yeah, I don't really get spending that much on such an old design. To each his own, I guess.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mannyg
post Nov 25 2004, 11:02 AM
Post #9

These phones are still quite expensive in the UK and i needed a clamshell phone that had pda features unlike the crappy,problem plagued C500 released by Orange UK.

+Quote Post
Seba641
post Nov 25 2004, 02:42 PM
Post #10

Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 5,641
Phone: MPx200
Carrier: T-Mobile

These phones are still quite expensive in the UK and i needed a clamshell phone that had pda features unlike the crappy,problem plagued C500 released by Orange UK.

so u should get mpx from ebay maybe is use and its from some provider but its still working great and its for less money or u should get that new Audiovox SMT5600 this phone is working with Tri-Bands

+Quote Post
abatis
post Nov 25 2004, 03:36 PM
Post #11

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

The Euro's pay VAT and have a much higher cost structure than in th US. Mannyq is happy so we should be happy for Mannyq. There will be plenty of people here to help answer technical questions you may have concerning the phone.

My suggestion is to get Sprite Backup -soon. It will save you much time after you experience the dreaded first hard reset and lose everything.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon

+Quote Post
Mannyg
post Nov 25 2004, 05:11 PM
Post #12

Thankyou Abatis,i will do a search for the sprite backup.

+Quote Post
knight787
post Mar 11 2005, 01:45 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 7,775
Carrier: T-Mobile

QUOTE (Mannyg @ Nov 25 2004, 12:11 PM)
Thankyou Abatis,i will do a search for the sprite backup.

hey guys i just bought a brand new moto mpx200 unlocked and unbranded plus extras for $140. no joke you might want to check it out. the guy i bought from was wireless experts

+Quote Post
elviaitalia
post Mar 11 2005, 10:31 AM
Post #14

Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 3,112
Carrier: Vodafone
PocketPC: HTC

so u should get mpx from ebay maybe is use and its from some provider but its still working great and its for less money or u should get that new Audiovox SMT5600 this phone is working with Tri-Bands

First of all when I read this I headed straight for eBay in order to check wether there'd be any ad for Mpx (AKA Mpx 300) phones selling at less than $ 200. I found quite a few offers but, apart from the usual scam ("... learn here how to buy a brand new Motorola Mpx for as low as $ 25..."), the price range went from $ 1.000 to $ 1.500. So, Seba, if you know something that I don't I'd appreciate if you could share your infos.

That said I have been owning my Mpx 200 for almost two years now. As everyone knows in this forum this phone is a great product which sometimes had some flaws (and some were quite serious I must add), that perhaps were due to the fact that this here phone was the first Windows powered gadget of its kind, and the first Motorola did manufacture (although, as far as I know, the Mpx 220 did not really do a good job at solving them...).

I consider myself a lucky old b-----d as my Mpx 200 never had any of the problems that plagued other units (e.g.: poor reception, short battery life, frequent hangups, speaker/microphone Sudden Death Syndrome, just to name a few and the most dreadful ones).

I still am a proud Mpx 200 owner, I can say that this is the best phone/pda I ever owned and I find it so useful and comfortable that I gave away my former Hp 5400 pocket pc to get it and never looked back. My smartphone helps me during my everyday life and even at work. I wouldn't consider trading it for any of the new products out there because this little devil does exactly what I want it to do, no more no less. As KingDaddy rightly said: "...to each his own...".

Of course I have been modifying my gadget over time, adding new programs, new functionalities, new homescreens, I have flashed it with the Wm2003 Os but, the essence of the phone still is there and I don't need anything else.

As far as I'm concerned Mannyg did a good move and the money he laid on the counter to buy his Mpx 200 was wisely spent. He soon will learn how to get the most out of his little investment and, provided he has been as lucky as me and got a mint phone with no defects, he will be happy with his new gadget and never repent from having bought it. If any major problem should arise, Motorola will do its job and replace the unit provided the issue takes place during the two years period which the warranty covers (at least, here in Italy, but my guess is that the coverage is the same in all Europe).

So good luck Mannyg and welcome to this forum! Check back often because you'll find tons of useful tips, advices, comments, news, discussions and such that will help you improve your Mpx 200's user experience.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 04:21 PM