> I cant use Headphones while watching a Movie, Using Beta Player
STEREODB
post Mar 20 2006, 11:46 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,356
Phone: SMT5600
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular

Has anyone tried using BetaPlayer to watch a DVD converted to .AVI and plugged in headphones? My SMT5600 plays the movie just fine (in Landscape mode) untill I plug in headphones, then the movie (video) gets choppy, and the audio gets very hollow. I the same movie on my friends Cingular 2125, and it works just fine. I also have an issue with my headphone/headset jack (2.5mm), it thinks I have a headset plugged in at all times. This causes it to not allow me to change profile (ring tones, etc.). When I do plug in headphones/set it changes to speaker phone, and sometimes it doesnt change back after I unplug the phones...

I was told to try canned air to blow out anything that may be shorting the jack, to no avail. I guess my next option is to replace or repair it. I dont know if they are related issues, but maybe.

1. Does the headset effect the Betaplayers ability to show a video (perhaps using more memory since it is now 2 channels instead of 1?) Is it the bit rate of the video? (should I lower the quality?) I am using cloneDVD mobile software to convert the .VOBs made from DVD decrypter.

2. Does the fact that the 2125 has more RAM/ROM make it more able to play a movie?

3. Where can I get a new headset jack? (my phone is out of warranty!)

Any and all thoughts are appreciated..

--------------------
At&t Tilt! (HTC Tytn II) with 4gb MicroSD
Cingular 8125 (HTC Wizard) with 2gb MiniSD
SMT5600 (HTC Typhoon) with 512mb MiniSD
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Mar 21 2006, 12:54 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Before trying anything else, try just pushing the headphones in and out of the jack rapidly for a minute or so. I've had the problem when the phone doesn't realize the headset has been removed, and that usually fixes the problem. See if it fixes yours, and if it has any effect on the video playing problem. Video shouldn't be effected at all if the audio is going through headphones or the speaker.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
STEREODB
post Mar 21 2006, 04:55 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,356
Phone: SMT5600
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular

I tried the in and out with the plug idea. It did have some effect, the phone was stuck in the speakerphone mode, and now it is back to headset. I noticed that wiggling the plug would make it switch back and forth (headset to speaker phone). I just tried runing a movie (Office Space, great to watch at work) and plugging in the headphones stoped the movie all together, then it played but very choppy...

Thanks for the tip! Do you have any idea what might be going on in my phone? Any thoughts are always welcome...

--------------------
At&t Tilt! (HTC Tytn II) with 4gb MicroSD
Cingular 8125 (HTC Wizard) with 2gb MiniSD
SMT5600 (HTC Typhoon) with 512mb MiniSD

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Mar 21 2006, 05:01 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

In my case one of the metal contacts in the headset jack was bent to far and making contact making the phone think a headset was plugged in. I've actually had one that I had to jam a paperclip in and bend the metal prong back into place. I have no idea why it would switch to speakerphone if a headset was inserted though, that is odd. It should switch to headset, not speakerphone.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th April 2024 - 08:31 PM