Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Transfer Palm Desktop Contacts
mshe
post Jan 13 2004, 06:15 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,061

What's the best way to transfer my contacts from my Palm Pilot over to MS Outlook?

Are there any importer applications out there?

I prefer to avoid intellisync, etc... since My Palm Pilot is dead.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sullynd
post Jan 13 2004, 02:05 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 408

How are you going to transfer contacts from your Palm Pilot to Outlook if your Palm Pilot is dead? Or do you mean you want to transfer from Palm Desktop to Outlook? If that is the case create a new Yahoo account, download Intellisync for Yahoo, and it will sync up your Palm Desktop info with Yahoo, then change the settings (You may need to uninstall/reinstall intellisync to do this) and you should be able to sync from Yahoo to Outlook. I have not tried this myself, but have heard that it works.

+Quote Post
griffee
post Jan 22 2004, 06:28 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 329
Phone: MPx200
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: Other

I transferred my contacts from my palm desktop using either the export (VCF) vcard file from Palm and import into outlook or exporting a (CSV) comma delimited file and then importing it. I can't remember which, but it was incredibly easy to do and Outlook will prompt you as to how to match up the fields.

+Quote Post
Thor
post Jan 22 2004, 07:26 AM
Post #4

Hardcore Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 328
Phone: MPx220
Carrier: Alltel
PocketPC: Other

well...this is kinda related...but not really...

One thing I was looking for in my mx200 was a to be able to replace the memo function in my Palm...Now that I have Smartphone notes I have almost exactly what I need...enough so that I can put away my palm now... I beamed my memos from my palm to my mpx200 as text files...then transferred the text files to my desktop and entered them in as Outlook notes...just copy and paste...then synced my mpx200 with outlook and now I have all my notes that I had on my palm on my mpx200...the only thing missing is the category feature...which I can live without for now...

I'm glad I was able to find something like Smartphonenotes because I haven't been able to sync my palm for a while...it's a defect that I would get fixed in a class action settlement that's going on right now...but I haven't been able to find my receipt...

+Quote Post
mshe
post Jan 26 2004, 07:56 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 1,061

I went the Yahoo route. Exported my contacts to Yahoo. Then exported from Yahoo as an Outlook CSV, then reimported.

One problem tho - outlook doesn't like numbers flaged a "Main" in Palm desktop... it seems to drop them. Also, if there are multiple numbers of one type in Palm Desktop, outlook seem to concatenate the fields instead of sending the numbers to Mobile 1, Mobile 2, etc.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st May 2024 - 08:44 PM