Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Mpx200 user
Trip'sDaddy
post Oct 29 2004, 10:26 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,488

Got the phone free after speaking at a conference about a month ago. Just got around to trying it. Seems pretty good but I have the following questions and couldn't find any answers:

- Reception - Does anyone else find the reception weak? I'm in Central Massachusetts and have been dropped on every major highway. (I'm using AT&T)

- What's the big deal about the firmware upgrade? I've got 2002 so why switch?

- I have a Compaq Ipaq 3875 and would like to try and access the web via this phone. Can I do that?

Thanks for the help!

Trip's Daddy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
awarner
post Oct 29 2004, 03:25 PM
Post #2

MS-MVP / MoDaCo.com

Group: MGN Ultimate
Member No.: 1,721
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: T-Mobile
PocketPC: HTC

Reception is not the best on the MPX200 sad.gif

The 2003 update is not a legal download but most people have tried it because it was there. The only real advantage is it adds
.net to the phone.

You can access the internet with your phone as long as you have GPRS enabled on your account.

--------------------
awarner Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices & Staff Team Leader modaco.com
SPV, E100, E200, C500, C550, C600 (MoDaCo Edition), MPX200, MPX220, Voq Pro, Mio 8380, JasJar, Vario

+Quote Post
hubono
post Oct 30 2004, 09:28 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 4,872

also the wm2003 adds wma file format so u can have samller ringtones instead the wav files

+Quote Post
Trip'sDaddy
post Oct 31 2004, 03:26 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 5,488

Sounds like unless you really enjoy tinkering, the "upgrade" isn't really that big a deal?

.Net isn't a big draw for me and .wma files aren't a big issue either.

The fact that the reception on this phone is so poor really disappoints. If it was better, it would be just about perfect for what I need. With the exception of the lack of a keyboard.

+Quote Post
MeanMachine
post Nov 6 2004, 06:24 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 5,558

You can also get an Internal antenna Booster from ebay. I don't have one but it's suppost to
Improves Reception & Clarity on your phone. I think I might get one when the time callls for it.

+Quote Post
fowen
post Nov 6 2004, 06:48 PM
Post #6

Hardcore Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 591
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: None

Sounds like unless you really enjoy tinkering, the "upgrade" isn't really that big a deal?

.Net isn't a big draw for me and .wma files aren't a big issue either.

The fact that the reception on this phone is so poor really disappoints. If it was better, it would be just about perfect for what I need. With the exception of the lack of a keyboard.
The upgrade fixed a few problems I was having on my MPx200. The menu no longer has a lag, the "Caller ID" bug is fixed, Clear Type i enabled which I didn't think was going to be a big deal, but it makes a big difference in how it looks.

If your looking for better reception, I would check out the new SMT 5600 (Tri Band) or the MPx200 (Quad Band). The MPx200 doesn't use the 800 MHz band, which kills the reception depending on what service your using.

You can also get an Internal antenna Booster from ebay. I don't have one but it's suppost to
Improves Reception & Clarity on your phone. I think I might get one when the time callls for it.

If your talking about those sticker things that goes behind your battery, then they ain't gonna work. It is nothing but a scam.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 01:54 PM