IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Aliph's Jawbone Noise Cancelling Bluetooth Headset Now Available!
omega2008
post Dec 29 2006, 11:13 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 7,026
Phone: Cingular 8525
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular

This is the ultimate noise cancelling bluetooth headset. Its performance is un real. It literally cancels all background noise so you can hear the person talking clearly and perfectly and they can hear you just as good as long as they are in a quite area or using a Jawbone themselves. I am def. going to get one of these! Right now its exclusive to Cingular and is available at many Cingular Stores. It retails for $119.99

Source: Jawbone

--------------------
Support the Windows Mobile Community! Become a Subscriber

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Dec 30 2006, 02:08 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Could this de-thrown the Jabra JX10 as my favorite headset? It certainly looks really cool, and the technology is promising. I'll have to look into it a little more and see if it works as well as advertised. I really like the red color as well.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
omega2008
post Dec 30 2006, 04:46 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Oh it does, I tried one out at the Cingular store...its amazing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SkippyTheNurse
post Dec 30 2006, 02:18 PM
Post #4

Gadget Junkie

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,753
Phone: Blackjack
PocketPC: Dell
PMC: Other

I saw one at the Cingular store. I thought it was pretty interesting. The salesperson didn't know anything about it so I just gave up and bought the Plantronics headset. Actually, I am about to return that one as well since i just found a updated headset at another store. So I'll be switching from Discovery 640 to 655. Nice little headset. I bought a 655 for my GF and she loves it. She preferred it over the Moto H700 and now I want one. But this Jawbone might be next on the list.

As far de-throning the Jabra JX10, well, I dunno, that's a REALLY nice headset, but the price they're offering for the Jawbone, you might see the Jabra lower prices to compete.

+Quote Post
omega2008
post Dec 30 2006, 04:23 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

There is not a BT headset out there that will cancel background noise like the Jawbone does. I have the Plantronics 655 and I love it but I want a Jawbone since I tried one out.

--------------------

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Dec 30 2006, 04:36 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

I'm almost convinced to go buy one and try it out. I just stopped at the South Beach Cingular store, and they didn't have any though. They also had a sign-in list, and a 1/2 hour wait to talk to a representative. Can you believe that store stays in business? How does the headset feel when wearing it? That is one of the most important aspect of a BT headset to me. I'm very picky about the feel of the headset. I read somewhere while reading up about it that it wasn't so comfortable. I know, that's a subjective thing to measure, so I may just have to get one and see for myself. Anyone know Cingular's return policy?

--------------------

+Quote Post
omega2008
post Dec 30 2006, 05:10 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

It was ok with being comfortable. I could see my self using it when in call but I don't think I would keep it in my ear when I am not using it. My Plantronics 655 is a bit more comfortable because it goes in the ear but I would say the Jawbone is more comfortable than the H700 from Motorola. Cingulars return policy is 30 days. Just make sure you keep the receipt and the packaging.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hightech
post Dec 30 2006, 11:47 PM
Post #8

Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 2,092

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Dec 30 2006, 08:36 AM) *
I'm almost convinced to go buy one and try it out. I just stopped at the South Beach Cingular store, and they didn't have any though. They also had a sign-in list, and a 1/2 hour wait to talk to a representative. Can you believe that store stays in business? How does the headset feel when wearing it? That is one of the most important aspect of a BT headset to me. I'm very picky about the feel of the headset. I read somewhere while reading up about it that it wasn't so comfortable. I know, that's a subjective thing to measure, so I may just have to get one and see for myself. Anyone know Cingular's return policy?

I just bought this headset at cingular and it is charging now will let you know how it goes when I put it to use while drive on the high way. I love the JX10 but I had a hard time hearing ppl out in the streets. Smeg36 if this does what the maker say it does it will blow the JX10 out of the water. The size is big but the feature out weights the size of this headset.. It does not bring a case for it. Can anyone tell me if there is a case out there for it?????

Hightech

--------------------
Cheers
<span style='color:blue'>Cingular 3125</span>
Think Outside BT KEYBOARD
Dell Axim X50v
JawBone bluetooth

+Quote Post
omega2008
post Dec 31 2006, 01:47 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

Just bought one myself today. Can't wait to get it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hightech
post Dec 31 2006, 02:34 AM
Post #10

Gadget Junkie

QUOTE (omega2008 @ Dec 30 2006, 05:47 PM) *
Just bought one myself today. Can't wait to get it.

Ok I will try to get pic on the sit. Here is a mini review the headset is big compare to the JX10 but the feature are true. Here how I tested the noise shield. I turn my TV up all the way and my suround sound on as well very high on MTV channel in order to make it sound like a night club. Then I call my friend and start talking to him about new years. I talk like for 30 min and at the end of the conversion I ask him hey did you hear anything beside my voice and he said no why. I told him that I was testing this new headset and I have the TV and suround on and very high volume and he was very shock he ask me for the website of the headset. This is my new headset now on since I like to drive with my window down. The headset is comfortable on the ear I have no problems there and it does fit very well I try to shake my head to see if it fall and it does not. I will test out in my car now since I have to go to publixs and I need to get the freeway..

P.S. it has voice actived dialing, everything is control by 2 button in a different form for ex. to redial to press the talk button twice and so on.

Hightech

--------------------
Cheers
Dell Axim X50v
JawBone bluetooth

+Quote Post
omega2008
post Dec 31 2006, 02:41 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

Awesome!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hightech
post Dec 31 2006, 03:08 AM
Post #12

Gadget Junkie

QUOTE (omega2008 @ Dec 30 2006, 06:41 PM) *
Awesome!

OK I am back from going to publix. I try it out in the freeway and it works great the person could hear me fine even tho I could not hear myself due having the windows down and the radio blasting. when you first look at the headset you are thinking where are the button to turn on and off you can not see them they are under the plastic that looks like a car racing pedal. On that plastic it is easy to fine the right place to press because it has a little edge that can be felt by ones finger and you press on it and thats how it's turn on and off and redial button and more..

--------------------
Cheers
Dell Axim X50v
JawBone bluetooth

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Dec 31 2006, 04:04 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

I got mine this afternoon, and have actually been a little disappointed. After watching the videos on their website I was expecting great things. I left myself some test messages, and it did cancel out the radio and background noised very, very well. But when I tried doing it with the windows down the message was just as bad as the JX10 in the wind. I wear it on my left ear, so that may make a difference. It's also not as comfortable as the JX10 (a very big deal to me). I do have the correct left ear hook on.

I could live with all that for the features of the headset, they really are some minimal complaints. But I'm having the same problem with this headset and the 700wx that I had with many others (and is incidentally the same reason I got the JX10). When I use any other BT device, like my BT GPS receiver, the headset disconnects and won't reconnect until I disconnect the other device. Since it's only a problem with the 700wx I think I'm going to return the headset until Sprint gets the Q. Then I'll probably be able to get that nice red color.

--------------------

+Quote Post
omega2008
post Dec 31 2006, 04:34 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

Sounds good, sorry you didn't like it Smeg. I never did like the Jabra, it was not comfortable to me at all. Can't wait to get mine I bought it off ebay, I got the black one.

--------------------

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Dec 31 2006, 05:36 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

It's not that I didn't like the headset, I did. I wouldn't want anyone to be detracted from trying or buying it because of my statement. I was totally willing to use it despite the minor complaints because of the great features, but then I found about the incompatibility with my phone and other BT devices (which is totally a problem with my phone). So I decided to wait until I get a new phone, then I can get the red one I like so much.

I have modified the Jabra slightly to make it more comfortable. I have one of those soft foam headphone covers on it. I really, really like it's earhook though. It's just so small and simple. Nothing major like the Jawbone's. I hate earhooks, so I can only stand them if they are unimposing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hightech
post Dec 31 2006, 01:23 PM
Post #16

Gadget Junkie

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Dec 30 2006, 09:36 PM) *
It's not that I didn't like the headset, I did. I wouldn't want anyone to be detracted from trying or buying it because of my statement. I was totally willing to use it despite the minor complaints because of the great features, but then I found about the incompatibility with my phone and other BT devices (which is totally a problem with my phone). So I decided to wait until I get a new phone, then I can get the red one I like so much.

I have modified the Jabra slightly to make it more comfortable. I have one of those soft foam headphone covers on it. I really, really like it's earhook though. It's just so small and simple. Nothing major like the Jawbone's. I hate earhooks, so I can only stand them if they are unimposing.

I like the JX10 but the hook that JX10 brought broke fast one day I was trying to place on my ear. So I want out and bought ear gels and it help but it always felt is was going to fall off and it did one to two times. Now the hook on the Jawbone it is very strong like a Jaw...... hehehe
After a while I really did not felt the headset on my ear dispite the size of it. Hey Smeg36 has had almost all the headset that have come out and I listen to him a lot when it come to these stuff but this headset is really a great one better than JX10. Now if in 6 month one comes that smaller with the same feature then it will beat it.. I got the sliver one..

--------------------
Cheers
Dell Axim X50v
JawBone bluetooth

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 02:08 PM