IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Some serious news for the readers of MGN
Sean

Site Founder
Group Icon

Group: Senior Admin
Member No.: 1

Update :: a deal has been struck and as soon as we have all the details worked out, we will announce it to the forum. I will say this, the new owner, I am confident, will carry on with MGN just as we all want it to be run.

It is with a heavy heart that I write this post. Tomorrow at around noon Pacific time, MGN will go up on the auction block on Ebay. I have been running this site since October of 2003 and it has really been a trip. My current lifestyle just does not allow me to run this site the way it should be run and with increased demands at work and at home, I have to step down as the "HMFIC" around here.

The sale will include the MobileGadgetNews.com and mpx200.org domain names and the site as a whole. I will help the new owner transition into the role in every way that I can and provide them with support and even free hosting through the first half of 2006. There is serious potential here for someone who wants to build an empire.

I do plan to stick around and be a contributor and the other moderators and admins of the site, I believe, will all stick it out too. We just need a new boss, I'm tired and overloaded.

If you think you might want a turn-key site you have about 24 hours to get with me before the site goes up. I am going to put a reasonable reserve on the auction but I would estimate that the site would go for similar money as PocketPCAddict did a few months ago when it was sold by Brad. If you are interested, let me know and we can discuss the details. Email me, pm me, grab me on Google talk or MSN.

Don't worry folks, MGN will live on and probably be better for the change overall.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: