Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SMT5600 internet question
Mobile Gadget News :: Making Your Mobile Life Simpler > Microsoft SmartPhones > HTC Typhoon & Feeler
nneeedhelp
just unlocked my old SMT5600 to my t-mobile account, my question is how do I make it so I can browse the internet on my phone. I went in to t-mobile and they told me there was a GPRS unlock aside from the sim unlock, but I cant seem to find this anywhere on the internet. Can someone please tell me the easiest way to set up my SMT5600 for internet access?z

thank you
abatis
First you need a GPRS plan from T-Mobile that allows access to the internet. There is a limited T-Zones plan that allows limited access to T-Zones sites. For unlimited access (All ports open) you need the unlimited plan. The unlimited plan costs $19.99 a month. If you do not have that plan or the T-Zones you will not get on the internet. There is no lock on GPRS other than on your account. Call 611 from your phone or go to the T-Mobile.com site and you can change your plan.

As far as getting GPRS set up see this thread: T-Mobile Setup

There is no free lunch with T-Mobile anymore and there is no phone GPRS lock. You just need to enable the service on the T-Mobile account. If you want MMS-same thing call them and ask them to add the service.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.