Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question about Movies
> Microsoft SmartPhones > Motorola MPx200
trxDraxon
Im curious what the quality of playback on a movie the MPX200 has? I havent gotten a SD card yet, just got the phone last week myself. I have downloaded the pocketencoder and the betaplayer.

I would just like to get some type of idea what movies you are going to be able to watch. Does it stutter alot during playback? etc. Also is playback better on WM2002 or WM2003?

I mostly bought the phone for the idea of using it a desent PDA, phone and mp3 player during travel and waiting for meetings. But the thought of being able to play some movies sounds pretty amazing. Thanks for any info
smeg36
If you encode it properly, any video will be playable on it. There are plenty of guides available on what bitrates and everything you need to do this (I don't know of any specific ones, I can do it from memory). I have watched National Treasure on my phone before.
abatis
For ease PocketEncoder and BetaPlayer are a winning free combo for encoding and playing movies on your Smartphone or PPC. Just google BetaPlayer
KingDaddy
The latest version is called The Core Pocket Media Player.

I use 220x(whatever fits the aspect ration) Xvid and 32 kbs mono sound with the original source frame rate. Never stutters on my MPx200.

http://tcpmp.corecodec.org/about
Nidza
Recomend Betaplayer instead of TCPMP. Much faster reproduction of all media.

I use a little crop, 220x130 for example, with sound quality 64kbit/s stereo, and 2-pass high quality encoding with pocketdivxencoder.
Mersiles
anyone have a link or something that goes to another source for pocketdivxencoder? I downloaded it, but it crashes as soon as i initialize the installation.
smeg36
I just tried and it downloaded fine for me from here. I clicked on Mirror 1. It was the actual .exe for the program to run, not to install it to the PC.
Mersiles
QUOTE (smeg36 @ Jun 19 2006, 02:16 PM) *
I just tried and it downloaded fine for me from here. I clicked on Mirror 1. It was the actual .exe for the program to run, not to install it to the PC.

thanks it finally works but im only encoding a music video and its been at 0% for like 4 minutes wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.