Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Family Contract
Mobile Gadget News :: Making Your Mobile Life Simpler > Wireless Carriers > T-Mobile
htrony
So I have an interesting problem. I should prolly call t-mobile, but i hate dealing with customer service... so n e way i had a one year family contract that started in march of this year. my dad just renewed the contract the other day to get more minutes. but i am getting tired of my mpx200 (mostly due to its bulkiness), and i want to get a new phone. if i get out of the contract, do i still have to pay the cancellation fee if the other two memebers in the contract stay in the family plan? and if so, can they downgrade there plan?
GrYph0n
QUOTE (htrony @ Sep 25 2005, 02:40 PM)
So I have an interesting problem. I should prolly call t-mobile, but i hate dealing with customer service... so n e way i had a one year family contract that started in march of this year. my dad just renewed the contract the other day to get more minutes. but i am getting tired of my mpx200 (mostly due to its bulkiness), and i want to get a new phone. if i get out of the contract, do i still have to pay the cancellation fee if the other two memebers in the contract stay in the family plan? and if so, can they downgrade there plan?

Short answer is yes. Each line has the early termination fees attached to them. For exapmple, I have 2 lines and if I decided to switch carriers and terminate my account I would have to pay something along the lines of $400 ($200 per line for examples sake). I am not entirely sure what T-Mobile charges these days, but I would imagine it isn't cheap. Also, what does getting a new phone really have to do with the carrier? After all you are using a phone that already isn't supported by T-Mobile. Oh, and according to the rumor mill, they will be getting a smartphone soon that will be pretty affordable if you (once again) extend your contract as long as you are eligable for a phone upgrade.
cinimod1000
Out of interest, what Smartphone will T-Mobile USA be carrying, according to the rumors?
smeg36
This page has the Home Page News on it. It is supposed to be the HTC Tornado, the newest HTC Smartphone with integrated wifi.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.