Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hard Reset...Phone very laggy
Mobile Gadget News :: Making Your Mobile Life Simpler > Microsoft SmartPhones > Motorola MPx200
WickedMPX-200
I'm sure if you have seen my other post on the forum you can tell that I new to all of this with the smart phones. Question here is can someone explain a little about the "Hard Reset" option I have been reading about here and there on the forum? And how would I go about performing this action to my phone. I canceled AT&Ts service last night and they didnt not question me bring the phone back to the AT&T service center I purchased it from. Now today when I get home to turn the phone on it froze up on the "Welcome to mMode" so I turned it off and back on, same thing. Then took the battery out placed it back in and tried again...this time I waited about 2 minutes and then it finally came on, very laggy though. I noticed an exclamation mark where the battery status would appear. Then turned it off and back on to check to see if it would freeze up again.... was a little shorter of a wait time but still very laggy... So please someone direct me or shead some light on this "Hard Reset" tool, and any opinions on whats going on?
bard329
i had the same exact problem. did a hard reset (turn the phone off, then hold the power button and the blue round button at the same time, if memory serves) and problem solved. although, if you hadn't heard already, a hard reset will erase all non-factory programs and such on your phone.
Anonymous
Is there anywhere I can fully read up on the Hard Reset?
WickedMPX-200
Can Someone link me where I can fully understand about this Hard Rest? Would like to know the pros and the cons on Hard resetting MPX, and how I would go about doing this...

Thanx,
*WickedMPX*
bard329
from what i know, Pro: it clears up any software problems your phone might have. con: it deletes all non factory software... most of the essentials are on the cd that came with your phone... things that you downloaded seperately, you'd have to reinstall. its just like formating a harddrive.
Anonymous
turn your MPX off. Press the blue button and the On-Button simultanious. The phone ask you for a hard reset. Klick on yes. After a while your system reboot and you have a virgin MPX.
Thor
from what i know, Pro: it clears up any software problems your phone might have. con: it deletes all non factory software... most of the essentials are on the cd that came with your phone... things that you downloaded seperately, you'd have to reinstall. its just like formating a harddrive.

Actually formatting a hard drive is not the correct similar situation...it's more like ghosting your hard drive with an image that contains a fresh install of windows...all your programs are erased...but you have a fresh system that works correctly (assuming you have good hardware)
bard329

Actually formatting a hard drive is not the correct similar situation...it's more like ghosting your hard drive with an image that contains a fresh install of windows...all your programs are erased...but you have a fresh system that works correctly (assuming you have good hardware)

come on now, i was just trying to make a relatively simple explanation. you messed that up right good
FoxMcCloud
Hard Resetting the phone will basically wipe everything you've put on it and any extras that came with it, returning it to a fully Factory Default Setting status. You will have to link your phone up with your comp and reinstall Album and MMS programs from the CD, presuming you want them, and the programs from off the SD card.

Basically...

I *&^% myself when i did mine and it came on cleaner than how it was when i bought it lol. But then i realised all i had to do was install the software from off the cd and card and it was back to normal again. And if your contacts were sync'd with the comp, then your contacts are safe. smile.gif Your settings are not though, you will have to either go on the web and get the settigns for Internet/Email/MMS or key'em in manually. Whatever you did before..
steve
Hi FoxMcCloud, regarding reinstalling software from the cd after a hard reset, did you install the programs back on to the phone or the memory card? Im thinking of putting the programs i.e. photo album,
system info, space maker on the memory card to save some space on the phone. Has anyone tried this and are there any problems. I believe the only problem could be the caller id program but I'm not sure.

-steve
FoxMcCloud
i put mms and album on the card itself. the tools from teh card went to the card.

Might not be the best way to do it but thats how i had it. You can do it however you like. Dont think it will do any harm.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.