Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Using dialup ISP for internet?
> Microsoft SmartPhones > Motorola MPx200
bando
Has anyone figured out how to do this? I've tried unsuccessfully with mpx & earthlink & Cingular plan. I'm able to dial the ISP # manually and get the squealing so it's not being blocked by Cingular. I'm guessing it's got to be some sort of setting. It would be excellent to apply some of those accruing rollover minutes to surf the web via dialup...

Any thoughts?
smeg36
It is extremely slow, but I have gotten it to work. It is also very unreliable, only connecting every few times you try to. First, you carrier must support CSD (circuit switch data) calls, which I think most of them do. I know T-Mobile does.

Go to Settings/Data Connections/Menu/Edit Connections/Dial-up Connections/Menu/Add

Put in whatever you want to call this connection under Description; Connects to: The Internet; Country Code: 1 for the US, I don't know what for other countries; Area Code and phone number of the connection; Your username and password, obviously.

Then go back to Data Connections, and under Internet connection choose the name you just created. In Internet Explorer, make sure under Menu/Options/Connections that Automatically detect settings is ticked, and the Select Network is The Internet.

If that doesn't work, call up your carrier to make sure they support CSD connections. Hope this helps, if not sorry for wasting your time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.