Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cant play wma
> Microsoft SmartPhones > Motorola MPx200
vdubin
i put wma s on my sd card, how do you get them to play as ringtones?
i have smartphone2002 on my mpx200.
thanks for the help.
smeg36
First, place them directly on the SD card. Not in any folders. Then make sure they are small enough that they can be used as a ring. A whole song would take to long to load, by the time it played you would miss your call. About 10-20 second clips are good. Then you open Start/Settings/Sounds/Ring tone:, and find the file name of the WMA on your SD card. It should be in the list of rings. Select it, and choose Done.
vdubin
QUOTE (smeg36 @ Jun 17 2005, 03:24 PM)
First, place them directly on the SD card.  Not in any folders.  Then make sure they are small enough that they can be used as a ring.  A whole song would take to long to load, by the time it played you would miss your call.  About 10-20 second clips are good.  Then you open Start/Settings/Sounds/Ring tone:, and find the file name of the WMA on your SD card.  It should be in the list of rings.  Select it, and choose Done.

i did that and they dont show up as ringtones?
how do you shrink the wma,s down
thanks
smeg36
I use a program that came with my PC called Audacity to clip the song to just the part I want as a ring. It only exports to WAV or MP3 though, so then I burned it to a CD with Nero, and ripped it with WMP into WMA format. Not the easiest method, but it worked.

I don't remember exactly if WM2002 supported WMA rings on the storage card. I don't think it did actually. You would have to place them on the phone's memory in the ISPM/Application Data/Sounds folder (again, I don't remember if that is the exact location, but it should be similar to that).
cache monet
I am not able to play wma as a ringtone. I placed them in \Storage\Application Data\Sounds but they do not appear when i am on the phone. I can see it when I connect through active synch on my PC. It is a att phone running 2002. Is this something specfic to the att build.
GrYph0n
QUOTE (vdubin @ Jun 17 2005, 06:09 PM)
i put wma s on my sd card, how do you get them to play as ringtones?
i have smartphone2002 on my mpx200.
thanks for the help.

Simply put (I am sure it is an oversight leading to other tips)...

As far as I can remember, 2002 doesn't support WMA or MP3 ringtones on the MPX200. Just so you can be sure, take one small wma file and place it on your phone in IPSM>Application Data>Sounds to see if your phone will see it then. If not, convert it to .wav and you can store that in your card in the My Docs folder, or on the phone itself. Hope this helps...
GrYph0n
QUOTE (cache monet @ Jun 17 2005, 08:06 PM)
I am not able to play wma as a ringtone.  I placed them in  \Storage\Application Data\Sounds  but they do not appear when i am on the phone.  I can see it when I connect through active synch on my PC.  It is a att phone running 2002.  Is this something specfic to the att build.

Ok this WAS a seperate topic that I have merged into this one. From the looks of things, memory served correctly mellow.gif . Sorry but your phone just wont support WMA running 2002. You will need to upgrade, or convert the files to .wav format to use the tones...
smeg36
Thanks for the clarification Gryphon. I couldn't really remember if they worked with 2002 or not, it has been so long since I had a MPx200 with 2002 on it. The only downfall of WAV format is the larger file sizes. But if it works from the SD, then that shouldn't really matter. You can try a program like Audacity to cut down the portion of the song you want, and save it as a WAV file. Then place it on your SD card as Gryphon directed, and you should be gold.
Jerzy
The board and its members are geniouses....I wanted to find a way to get the most out of my mpx200 and slowly but surely i am...smeg36 the tips about audacity were right on...just clipped the song down to about 19 sec and it works perfectly in the sounds folder (til i get my sd card)...thx for the help and ill be around...
96DTM850
I thought the MPX200 in general does not support MP3 or WMA as ringtone unless you upgrade to WM5.

Currently I have WM2003....i don't think WMA or MP3 ringtone would either right????

~Ken
smeg36
With 2003 it should be able to play WMA from the SD card. I don't think MP3 works from the SD though. WAV definitely does if you want to be safe.
96DTM850
Just got Audacity....will try now. biggrin.gif
96DTM850
SWEET!!!!....just made a 20 sec. WAV clip as a ringtone biggrin.gif

However, I didn't put it on the SD card, I have it in Storage/Application/Sound folder.

Now if I have a WMA file instead of WAV, would that work????

Thanks smeg36!
~Ken
smeg36
The WMA file will work in the Storage/Application/Sound folder, and I think will work if placed directly on the SD in no folders.
Jerzy
QUOTE (smeg36 @ Mar 16 2006, 09:06 PM) *
The WMA file will work in the Storage/Application/Sound folder, and I think will work if placed directly on the SD in no folders.

Found this out in another thread..if you create a "My Documents" folder on ur SD card when you search for the file u want to set as the ringtone, it will automatically search ur SD
Mersiles
The problem is the volume of the wav ringtone is low. Is there a way to make it as loud as it is on media player?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.