Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Using The MPx200 As A Modem
Mobile Gadget News :: Making Your Mobile Life Simpler > Microsoft SmartPhones > Motorola MPx200
cj100570
Has anyone here succeeded at using the Motorola drivers to utilize the phone as a modem?
deavod
I succeeded in blue-screening Windows XP. After that I gave up!
abatis
I have used it at a modem on T-mobile there are some good posts on doing this with a search. Also just follow the Mototla Instructions on how to do it. They work.

http://commerce.motorola.com/cgi-bin/ncomm...rfnbr=1&zipcode
cj100570
I've followed Morolas instructions and have had no luck what so ever. ActiveSync always seems to reassert itself and reconnects.
paxkine
hmm would this work with my dell axim x3i? would be pretty cool to surf the web from anywhere....would I have to buy another cable? biggrin.gif
Sparrow
It is tricky to setup. First you hook up the phone to the USB cable, then activate the modem link. Windows should recognize the new Model Link device and ask for drivers. Once that is done, unplug the phone from the USB cable and plug it in again. Activate the Modem Link again. Now you have to setup a new network connection in Windows before Active Sync takes over. If you don't get it done in time, unplug the phone and plug it in again for each try, activate the Modem Link each time. Eventually you'll get it. Once it is setup, it works consistently.
Anonymous
Hey maybe the user with the problem
missed adding the smartphone usb driver?
cj100570
nope, i added the driver. it's just that activesync keeps getting in the way.
Sean
As I remenber you have to set activesync to not be able to connect via usb before you start.
AlanB
If you read the pdf file, it talks about doing a modem query as soon as you activate the modem link software. That will disable activesync from trying to make a connection for the remainder of the time. If you dont do the modem query, activesync will break through after about 1-1 1/2 minutes.
cj100570
i've done that and activesync still reestablishes it's connections after about 30 seconds. i even called at&t support and was warned of that very thing. i'll just keep trying. eventually i will defeat the machine. lol.
Haddy
I found it alot easier just to grab a sprint plan w/ a free phone and get their 128k connection....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.