Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: JVM for Smartphones
Mobile Gadget News :: Making Your Mobile Life Simpler > General > General Discussion
gnomethang
Hi, I use a web based application that requires a Jeode Java Virtual Machine (basically it puts your building management system on the Web).

I have found a couple of JVM for Windows Mobile 2003 SE but apparently they are only compatible with Pocket PCs (mainly IPaq). The CAB file will not install as it was 'not intended for this device'.

Does anyone know of a JVM that can be run on Smartphone?.

I have a Motorola MPX200 running 2002 and also a SPV C500 running 2003 SE.

Thanks!,

Barry
jim_keller
QUOTE (gnomethang @ May 19 2005, 06:13 AM) *
Hi, I use a web based application that requires a Jeode Java Virtual Machine (basically it puts your building management system on the Web).

I have found a couple of JVM for Windows Mobile 2003 SE but apparently they are only compatible with Pocket PCs (mainly IPaq). The CAB file will not install as it was 'not intended for this device'.

Does anyone know of a JVM that can be run on Smartphone?.

I have a Motorola MPX200 running 2002 and also a SPV C500 running 2003 SE.

Thanks!,

Barry

Since this thread comes up very early in google searches for Java JVM on Smartphones (which people are still struggling with on newer Smartphones running WM5), I figured I'd post a link to my blog entry detailing how to get the JVM running on a Motorola Q.

http://jimkeller.blogspot.com/2006/11/gett...ssh-to-run.html
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.