Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: high-pitched noise
Mobile Gadget News :: Making Your Mobile Life Simpler > Microsoft SmartPhones > Motorola MPx200
roe1352
I just started having a problem with my MPX200 last week where when it is closed, if you press on the top, it makes a high pitched sound. It makes a different sound depending on where you press. It is so strange. Thank god for Amazon's extended return policy for the holidays. I've read about lots of problems on this web site, but has anyone seen this problem before?

The phone is cool. I hope that it wasn't a mistake jumping on the first generation. I wonder if Amazon discounted it so much because they saw how many returns they were getting and realized that the hardware issues made it a bad product. Who knows, I like the phone and can't wait for my replacement to come. Does anyone know how long it takes for Amazon returns? Is is worth it to get a cheap back up GSM phone from an AT&T store or from Ebay?
roe1352
as an add on to this story, I find that if it's in the mood to make the noise, it also drains the battery really fast. It's strange, sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.

Oh well. Thank god for Amazon.com's holiday return policy. I think that anything bought after november 15th ( maybe it was the 1st) can be returned until Jan 31st. At first they said that I couldn't return the phone, I had to remind THEM about their own policy. They will send me a new unit and I have to send them mine within 30 days. I went out and bought a cheap refurbished GSM nokia with out a service plan from the local AT&T wireless shop for only $30 just in case there are more problems.
Sparrow
You did the right thing returning the phone. Any phone that makes strange noises that drain the battery is just waiting for an opportunity to do something worse. If it makes you feel better, I haven't had any problems with my phone.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.