Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: waves as ringers
> Microsoft SmartPhones > Motorola MPx200
kspliff1
ok, got my smartphone today, can do the whole movie and mp3 thing, all of which i learned how do do from content on this site. I would just like to know how i could turn wav files into ringers, saw something about it somewhere but it wasnt clear..........all help would be greatfull............ty
Megaman
well, it is very easy....first if you are going to use the wav files as ringers, i recommend converting the wav files to mono and also lower bitrate...anyways you simply put the wav file in the "IPSMMy Documents" or if you have a SD card, you can put the sound files on the SD card to keep the phone running nice and fast....Make a directory called "My Documents" on the sd card. and copy all the sound files in that folder...
goodluck..
mc
kspliff1
thanks much, what program to you use to convert the wave files?
I tried putting one song into the sounds folder in my phone but when i played it it was wrong or gave some error message i think. thanks again in advance
Anonymous
well to convert i use "windows sound recorder" it is in the Start>Programs>accessories>entertainment.

and also load the sound file by open through the file menu.

do SAVE AS (in the file menu)

and theres a button down there called (Change)
press that and change the format...

simple.
goodluck.
Anonymous
ok, got my smartphone today, can do the whole movie and mp3 thing, all of which i learned how do do from content on this site. I would just like to know how i could turn wav files into ringers, saw something about it somewhere but it wasnt clear..........all help would be greatfull............ty

Little OT: Didn't you charge your phone for 24 h.
kspliff1
lol, charged it for about 4 hours, couldnt wait to try it out
kspliff1
hey peeps, i found out how to convert the mp3's to waves and set them as ringers, i use mp3 cutter and a program called mp3towav
deavod
There are a host of programs that will convert WMA <-> MP3 <-> WAV.

Personally I recorded my WE302 ringing and made it my MPx200's ring. Kind of funny to hear an old fashioned bell ring smile.gif
k3yz
Winamp, Cool Player, lots of MP3 Players have this feature built in and you don't need another program.

You just do in Options instead of having it go to Sound Card, have it go to "DiskWriter" or "FileWriter" or something and it 'plays' the MP3 to your hard drive and makes a WAV File.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.