Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why the scavenger hunt?
Mobile Gadget News :: Making Your Mobile Life Simpler > Firmware > Firmware
wcitech
I know it is against the rules to ask WHERE to find firmware for my MPx200, so I won't. Granted, I've looked all over google, and all I can find is two-bit e-merchants who want to try and sell me software that has been released publicly, but I'm not going to ask where to find it because I like this forum and I don't want to be banned.

Let me at least ask this: why all the secrecy? Why is it taboo to talk about the firmware, and why the ^*&& doesn't Motorola have it avalible on their webiste? Why the scavanger hunt, why isn't there just a sticky somewhere that says "GET IT HERE:"

I just got my MPx200 phone today. Very sleek little phone, but my internet is having some problems, each time it gets connected it gets booted off, but my cellular calls work perfectly. I was hoping a firmware upgrade would help, but so far it seems like I purchased a $150 piece of junk.

I've been doing my homework, googling, yahooing, etc. Maybe I should call motorola?

If I have to PayPal somebody $10 to give me a URL, I would... NOT that I'm asking...
smeg36
The secrecy is because it is an illegal copy of WM2003 for Smartphones. Motorola never released it for several reasons: customer service nighmares with upgrades, stability issues, etc. Since it was never released, you can't buy it anywhere. Since you can't buy it anywhere, Microsoft doesn't want you to have it because they aren't getting their share for creating the OS.
wcitech
That makes sense. Also, from what I've ready since posting that its about 30MB, so that would explain it not being mirrored all over the web.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.