Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Getting IMEI#
Mobile Gadget News :: Making Your Mobile Life Simpler > Microsoft SmartPhones > Motorola MPx200
jhongs
Hello Fello MPx200 Users,

can any MPx200 user please help me find out if you can find the IMEI# by pressing *#06#?
Someone told me today that he can get the number by pressing it "very quickly" before the "enter subsidy password" screen shows up.
any help would be really appreciated,

thank you,

Jeff
jhongsunlock@yahoo.ca
phideltwj
From what I have found, *#06# does not work without a SIM, or with a non-carrier SIM-locked mpx200. As long as a dial-restriction is in place, it does not work.
elampaul
It works for me.
AchimH
It was me telling you. You can do it (and basically everyone should be able to verify this with their devices) in the few seconds where the regular home screen appears and before the device is switching to the bluescreen (where you can only dial emergency numbers). When the system boots and the screen "smartphone 2002" appears, go ahead and already enter *#06#. Then when the homescreen apears the phone "dials" the number and you can see for a second (or less) the IMEI number.
phideltwj
Ah - It does work that way! What a pain though.
AchimH
Ah - It does work that way!  What a pain though.

Yeah, I guess the regular user would need four tries in order to write it down correctly. For me, I was verifying it and I needed three times to get all digitis memorized.
Anonymous
Why go to all that trouble when the IMEI is printed under the battery?
jhongs
Sometimes the IMEI printed behind the battery is different, that's why it's better to verify it this way.
Thank You AchimH.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.