Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Browsing Secure Sites
Mobile Gadget News :: Making Your Mobile Life Simpler > Microsoft SmartPhones > Motorola MPx200
elampaul
Why won't my phone load the page when I attempt to browse to a secure site?
Luzerman
Probably because you're using T-Mobile and have one of the T-Zones packages. They block you from all secure sites unless you go with the Unlimited Internet.
elampaul
I am on T-Mobile but I have the unlimited Internet package.
abatis
T-mobile unlimted works fine for me on secure sites. Maybe post your GPRS settings.
elampaul
My GPRS settings are as follows:

GPRS CONNECTION:
Description: T-Zones GPRS
Connects to: The Internet
Access Point: internet2.voicestream.com
User Name: (blank)
Password: (blank)
Primary DNS: 216.155.165.50
Secondary DNS: 216.155.165.51
IP Address: (blank)

Internet Connection set to above and IE set to the Internet.
jas0420
I have this same problem too... Trying to get to https://mobile.scottrade.com. It DOES go so far as to display the "lock" indicating that you're going to a secure site, but that's about as far as it gets.

I'm on T-Mobile and have their $19.99 unlimited Internet w/ VPN plan. My settings are the same as yours except I'm using internet3.voicestream.com........... Haven't been able to figure this one out either.

-Jason
elampaul
Glad to hear that I am not alone, but I wish that we could get some assistance with this issue. Yesterday, I also lost my ability to download email to my inbox and instant message. It just appears that my connections are not consistent.

Anyone have any suggestions?
paxkine
same problem here no hotmail or instant messenger access, although yahoo works fine via wap
jas0420
I've read up some more on this and have gotten mine to work. This isn't exactly a cut and dry answer like would be nice, but these are the steps I did. Most of them did nothing, but I'm including them just in case something happened behind the scenes.

I first tried my https://mobile.scottrade.com with settings as-is. Still could not get in.

I then cleared out IE's Temporary Files, Cookies, and History (open IE, select Menu, select Memory, then clear out each one by one). Could not get into Scottrade still.

I read to try through a passthrough connection, so I tried that. I hooked up the ActiveSync cable to a PC w/ Internet access. Changed my Internet connection to "pass through connector" (Programs, Settings, Data Connections, Internet Connection). Tried my website again, still no-go.

Prior to this, I had the above-mentioned Internet access set to "Automatic". All other Internet sites worked fine, so I had no reason to suspect it as the culprit. I went ahead and forced it to point to my "T Zones" GPRS entry (like the one you've called "T-Zones GPRS"). At that point, I was able to get in.

Again, I'm making no claim of finding a fix-all here. Could just be a total fluke that it started working for me! I certainly can't explain it if it actually DID fix it through anything I did, but still.... Wanted to share in case it did.

Good luck!
-Jason
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.