Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cingular/AT&T and Tmobile in the Sioux Falls Area
Mobile Gadget News :: Making Your Mobile Life Simpler > Wireless Carriers > AT&T/Cingular Wireless
Thor
Recently I was out to Sioux Falls, SD for my Christmas vacation (most of my family lives there). My Mpx200 was roaming on T-Mobile's system the whole time I was there. My Dad, my grandma, and myself are thinking about switching to a Cingular Family Talk plan since none of us really talk all that much on our phones (My dad and I have mpx200's on AT&T right now, my grandma has some LG phone on Verizon). We tried to find a Cingular or AT&T Wireless store in Sioux Falls but found out there are none. Since Sioux Falls is a fairly large city for that region of the country we figured they would have coverage.

After realising that they do not have coverage under thier name...we became curious...we tried to look up a T-mobile store in Sioux Falls since that's the only carrier that our phones connected to the whole time we were there (we had excellent coverage with T-Mobile though), but we found there were also no T-Mobile stores. This seemed really strange since they seem to have T-Mobile coverage there. Looking at the coverage map available here, shows they do have coverage in that area.

Did Cingular or AT&T sell off there coverage area in Sioux Falls to T-Mobile? Has T-Mobile just not gotten any retail locations started in their new coverage area?

It seems weird that Cingular/AT&T would choose not to be part of a fast growing area such as Sioux Falls.

The companies we did see out there were Verizon (which my grandma is currently with), Cellular One, Sprint, and Nextel.

Anyone have any idea what's going on with those three companies in that area? (T-Mobile, Cingular, AT&T)
abatis
I would go to www.t-mobile.com and check the zip code in the coverage area. T-Mo, Cingular and ATT have many areas where they have roaming agreements - Your coverage is the same as if you were in the carrier's area. If you get a T-Mo national plan you would be covered. Also If you all get T-MO numbers it is free T-Mo to T-Mo always. Good Luck.
meechie78
QUOTE (Thor @ Jan 3 2005, 12:53 AM)
Recently I was out to Sioux Falls, SD for my Christmas vacation (most of my family lives there). My Mpx200 was roaming on T-Mobile's system the whole time I was there. My Dad, my grandma, and myself are thinking about switching to a Cingular Family Talk plan since none of us really talk all that much on our phones (My dad and I have mpx200's on AT&T right now, my grandma has some LG phone on Verizon). We tried to find a Cingular or AT&T Wireless store in Sioux Falls but found out there are none. Since Sioux Falls is a fairly large city for that region of the country we figured they would have coverage.
After realising that they do not have coverage under thier name...we became curious...we tried to look up a T-mobile store in Sioux Falls since that's the only carrier that our phones connected to the whole time we were there (we had excellent coverage with T-Mobile though), but we found there were also no T-Mobile stores. This seemed really strange since they seem to have T-Mobile coverage there. Looking at the coverage map available here, shows they do have coverage in that area.
Did Cingular or AT&T sell off there coverage area in Sioux Falls to T-Mobile? Has T-Mobile just not gotten any retail locations started in their new coverage area?
It seems weird that Cingular/AT&T would choose not to be part of a fast growing area such as Sioux Falls.
The companies we did see out there were Verizon (which my grandma is currently with), Cellular One, Sprint, and Nextel.
Anyone have any idea what's going on with those three companies in that area? (T-Mobile, Cingular, AT&T)

Thor, I recently moved to Sioux Falls from Atlanta and I've found that T-Mobile goes through Unicel and that there is no carrier for AT&T/Cingular. So I've had to ditch my Cingular. Sucks huh?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.