Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AT&T Coverage in MN
Mobile Gadget News :: Making Your Mobile Life Simpler > Wireless Carriers > AT&T/Cingular Wireless
gammm
I'm looking for some advice. About this time last year I switched to AT&T GSM service and purchased a MPX200 and an NEC GSM phone. The coverage area was so bad that I ended up returning both phones within the 30 days and switching back to AT&T Digital service. I'm wondering if anyone in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area has any recent experience with the GSM coverage. Has it improved or should I just start looking at T-Mobile for GSM service.

Thanks for the help.

Mark
kelinger
I don't live in MN, but I frequently travel to Northern MN (Bemidji). My GSM MPX200 works great in Minneapolis (not just the airport). However, outside that city, coverage is spotty and up north, its non-existant. I have to use an AT&T TDMA phone while in Bemidji. That phone works great and since I'm on a MultiBand Rate program with AT&T, I just move my SIM card over to a crappy Siemens phone when I'm in small towns like that. I also travel to South Dakota and the Siemens is the only phone that works there (not that you asked).

For what its worth, its been two months since my last trip up north so things may have changed but I wouldn't count on it.
kailes
i was in northern MN in September, and was without service for a large part of the trip. In the cities, its great, and if I go down to Mankato, I have coverage all the way. of course, in my own driveway, i getr absolutley horrible coverage, so go figure
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.