Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Google SMS on T-Mobile
> Wireless Carriers > T-Mobile
rosy7914
I'm trying to use the new Google SMS service from my Mpx200 on T-Mobile. I can send the query SMS, but get no response. If is sufficient to just use the "shortcode" 46645 or do I need an area code prefix too?
GrYph0n
The short code is all you need and it is 466453 to spell GOOGLE, that may be part of the problem...
mbhelfman
I am having trouble sending Google SMS also. When I try to send an SMS message to 46645 it says it got sent, but I never receive a message back. I am using T-mobile and have the 4.99 tzones plan, which shouldn't make a difference. Has anyone got this to work with Tmobile? By the way, if I try sending to 46653, it rejects it, I think you need to leave out the last 3.
GrYph0n
Hmmm... I am getting the same results, 466453 can't be sent and when I leave off the 3 I don't get a response. I wonder if T-Mobile would have set up a filter on the SMS to prevent this service since it will take away from directory assistance that is at an additional rate.
mbhelfman
That's not kosher at all! I might give Tmobile a call and ask "What gives?".
mbhelfman
I just called Tmobile, the rep never heard of the Google SMS, but I explained what it is. He had me send a text message to myself, and it worked fine, so I don't think it's an MPX200 issue, he told me to check with Google and see if it's something on their end, it just might be since it's in Beta and it's fairly new. He verified Tmobile is not set to block anything like that.
rosy7914
I've tryed both shortcodes (with and without the trailing 3) and get no response from either. I can send myself an SMS, and can receive an SMS sent from the T-Mobile website. Any more ideas?
veblen
I've had good success sending Google SMS queries to 46645 (without the 3 - you're not supposed to use the 3) and receiving results from Google a few seconds later. The service is still in beta; sometimes there is a delay, and sometimes I get no response - that may be dude to glitches still being ironed out by Google. I have a MPx200 on T-Mobile.
GrYph0n
Well it is good to know that it is possible for T-Mobile customers to use this handy little service. I will look into contacting Google to report these issues that we have experienced, it may help them sort some things out...
nickpoore
The service has been working great for me. It's a lot quicker and easier that 411.
mbhelfman
I had trouble getting mine to work with the 200, but now with the 220, it's working, however, it's probably more of a Google issue since I don't believe the hardware was the issue.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.