Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WiFi Fix for Some AP's
Mobile Gadget News :: Making Your Mobile Life Simpler > PocketPC Phone Edition > HP Phone Edition
manuelpl
After testing the WiFi connection on my 6315 I discovered that it was not working properly. I tried using Passphrase and Hex to authenticate my WEP 64bit password. Leaving the wireless open is not an option.

What I discovered is that the 6315 "ONLY" works with the "OPEN" option , instead of the "SHARED".

This experiment is true with Apple Airport Extreme and Linksys WAP55AG.

I hope this helps Someone out there.

Manuelpl
flymhi
After testing the WiFi connection on my 6315 I discovered that it was not working properly. I tried using Passphrase and Hex to authenticate my WEP 64bit password. Leaving the wireless open is not an option.  

What I discovered is that the 6315 "ONLY" works with the "OPEN" option , instead of the "SHARED".

This experiment is true with Apple Airport Extreme and Linksys WAP55AG.

I hope this helps Someone out there.

Manuelpl

Manuel,

Are you saying the 6315 does not work with a secure WiFi setup? I have a secure (128b) Wifi setup and could not get the IPAQ to link up. I haven't had time to dig through the AP and IPAQ to tinker.
muchomorek
try to upgrade the AP with the latest firmware
flymhi
I just got my 6315 working on my Linksys APs using 64bit WEP. I had no success on 128 bit WEP. WooHOO!

Linksys BEFW11S4
Linksys WRT54G
manuelpl
I havent tried 128 bit , but I think 64 bit is fine , I dont hold the worlds secret on my network
gpsmaniac
I can't get mine to connect to my NetGear WGT634U 11g AP unless it is totally open to the world. I only use MAC constraining on it for security. I set the router to only recognize the MAC addresses of my PDA and my wife's PC. I also turned off the 108mps feature, and have it doing 11b and 11g. It sees it, but won't connect to it. It connects OK to several AP's here at work.

I got around the issue by connecting an old Belkin F5D6130 travel size AP to one of the Router ports on the back of the NetGear and setting it to send out on port 8 instead of the default port 6.

For most of my web work, GPRS is fine and it is great to have no matter where you happen to be. Picking up email and checking the weather while driving is great!
Bondo
I had a similar problem with my 6315 and a linksys wrt54g router. I spent hours trying to get the wifi with wep,wpa (every combonation possible) working and had no success. Finally I removed all security from the router, removed any previous settings on the 6315 for my AP and let the 6315 discover the AP on it's own, it was able to connect no problem. I then truned on WPA-Shared Key on the linksys, removed the settings on the 6315 from the previous attempt and once again let the 6315 discover the AP. It discovered the AP, asked me for my key, and was able to connect no problem using WPA. Since I have no explanation for why this happended I'm not sure if this will work for anyone else but worth a shot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.