Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: H6315 gets free GPRS??
> PocketPC Phone Edition > HP Phone Edition
Hulkster
The h6315 connected to the T-Mobile GPRS with a prepaid easyspeak sim and went online, msn messenger, aim with no problem and sometimes faster then wifi....

I assume everyone found out too biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
dwhitelaw
OK Hulk man, I got the prepaid card too, don't remember if it was easyspeak, there were 2 kinds I believe, but I cannot get on GPRS. Asked for it and T-Zones, but they said no with prepay, limited service if any.
What are your settings?
Hulkster
I bought a prepaid sim off ebay for $35 with 140 worth of minutes and 1 year of service, popped the sim in to the h6315 and after a few days gprs started connecting and eventually got connected online. The settings are default for any h6315 fresh out of the box. There a way to check the settings?
dwhitelaw
Click start
settings
connections
connections
manage existing connections
edit t-mobile and run through the list

mine is wap.voicestream.com, no username or password
After reading your post, I went to the MGN T-mobile settings and took those and inserted them in the DNS server space on the IPAQ and I was able to log onto the internet with gprs, but only limited sites
GrYph0n
The free wap seems to be very limited if it will even work for you.
Hulkster
For me, I can log in to msn messanger, aim, check bank statement, ebay, etc. So that's really called free wap that everyone been having?
GrYph0n
Can't explain that one, sounds like you have a prepaid that you need to keep ahold of. I have always been informed that data won't work with the prepaid.
Hulkster
I tried experimenting on logging on and off at the gprs to see if its actually taking minutes off, but it's not. On the h6315 the wap is on there at default. Now wonder if I could get it on the mpx200? Main reason to get the h6315 was for internet (wifi integrated),but now mainly using the wap.voicestream.com on prepaid.

Everyone try experimenting on it on regular phones, not ppc or spv.
GrYph0n
I have a prepaid, and I can tell you that I could not get GPRS on the MPx200, but I will try later on my 6315, if I can find my SIM. I know it is in one of the many phones laying around here. I also changed my access point to internet3.voicestream.com since I am on the unlimited plan with VPN and had some connectivity issues, but now all is well. I do know of some people that have the unlimited plan and have no problems connecting through the default wap.voicestream.com. This would not work on the MPx200 you had to have the settings for the particuar service that you are signed up for. That may have something to do with how you are getting GPRS with a prepaid card. I will look for mine tonight and see what I can get, and keep everyone posted.
dwhitelaw
I could not log on at all to GPRS
Using the T-mo setting at:
http://www.mobilegadgetnews.com/modules.ph...es&id_cat=30#80
I clicked:
start
settings
connections
connections
manage existing connections
edit t-mobile and ran through the list

wap.voicestream.com
clicked next
user name,password,domain left blank
clicked advanced
clicked servers
checked use specific server address
put in:
DNS-216.155.175.40
Alt DNS-216.155.175.170
wins,alt wins blank
clicked OK
clicked finish

And I logged onto GPRS, but not everything, limited only

I'll try changing to access point later, and seeing if I can get more access
GrYph0n
Honestly all you need to put in is the access point.
wap.voicestream.com for T-Zones level.
internet2.voicestream.com for Unlimited Data.
internet3.voicestream.com for Unlimited Data with VPN.

You can leave all the other fields blank, the network will assign all of that automatically.
Hulkster
Yeah, its set on wap.voicestream.com on default on the h6315. Really shouldn't have sold the mpx200 on ebay......since wanted to make sure to let everyone know about it.
Hulkster
Found out that gprs is taking minutes off he prepaid service with bandwidth percentage I think.

Guess nothing is free
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.