Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: agile messenger on tzones wm2003
Mobile Gadget News :: Making Your Mobile Life Simpler > Wireless Carriers > T-Mobile
radium02
Hello, I have WM 2003 and my GPRS is working well. I am able to load up msot pages. However, AGILE messenger no longer works. It says unable to connect. I have TZones (4.99/ mo). Agile was working prior to July 30th when I had WM2002.

I have the vesrion you can download right off of Agile's website (2.0)

What's wrong?
GrYph0n
Well it seems that the same thing that happened when they had free wap may be happening to T-Zones. I think they might be tightening down on the ports on all but the unlimited data plans. These changes may affect people differently from region to region. I am in the Central East Coast, using T-Zones and I am not able to use Agile either, but I know that there are many people elsewhere that have no problems getting connected using that program.
Gannon
hey eric,
whereabouts on the east coast do you live? if its in va, i might need some advice!
GrYph0n
I live in Northern Va, what type of advice would you be needing?
veblen
Can you use the MSN Messenger client included with WM2003?
GrYph0n
I could with the unlimited data plan. When using T-Zones I usually could not connect, but I belive that I managed to a few times. When I used T-Zones it was a hit or miss on IM clients, and it was usually a miss. Everything else worked fine for me though (minus ThunderHawk which requires ssl so you will need at least the unlimited plan).
veblen
Hmm, I have the T-Zones plan and I can use E-mail and MSN Messenger without a hitch, day in and day out. I also can hit all WAP sites...except for T-Zones. These might be more side effects of T-Mobile's recent (suspected) efforts to tighten down ports. I am using the 0.0.0.0 DNS entries, in Chicago.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.