Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What do you get with mMode?
Mobile Gadget News :: Making Your Mobile Life Simpler > Wireless Carriers > AT&T/Cingular Wireless
KingDaddy
I;m thinking of taking the plunge and getting mMode. What will I get with it on my MPx200? Browsing with IE?
GrYph0n
Honestly long ago when I was with AT&T, mmode had some pretty good stuff, but most require monthly subscriptions (of course). I really don't think that mmode has much to offer to the MPx200, but being able to connect to anything wirelessly may be worth it depending on how much you are willing to pay for data.
KingDaddy
So I would be able to connect to everything then? That might be worth the $25 a month for unlimited....
GrYph0n
As far as I can remember it is unlimited and unrestricted yes. With them you pay for the data, not the access as you would with T-Mobile. Just make sure that you read all the fine print of the $25 plan because we have seen in the past that they can be tricky with all of that stuff...
quietkvj
i think hat $25 is entirely too much, especially when you can do that with T-Mobile for $5. I'd rather make my own ringtones and and upload them to my phone using the usb cable. And get the 1mb plan for 7.99 for browsing.
Sean
I have been running the 4MB plan for a while and just updated to the unlimited plan. I have been using it to check POP3 email and hit web pages, and downloading weather and stuff in programs like mcTraveler (I can now do it without fear of being charged more). I have never been told tat this stuff falls outside of the umbrella of mMode and I hope that things do not change now.
STEREODB
I just stoped a data plan that AT&T sold me... I was told in the store that it had some free kBs, but 2.99 (per phone, I share) bought me 0.02/1kB whereas standard (w/o data plan) is 0.03/1kB... You have to use closer to a mB to make it worth it... however I was not hassled for cancelling it tongue.gif

While on the line with the rep. he told me about a story going around that a customer bought a phone, a data plan, and decided to down load a movie... this customers bill for one month was around 20,000.00 dollars, but att did not make her pay... anyone heard this before

Also for a phone like the V505 which can support video does anyone know what the easiest way to download video would be, I dont want to buy it, rather send it from my PC....

"the information at this forum is beyond cool"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.