Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: broken mpx200
Mobile Gadget News :: Making Your Mobile Life Simpler > General > Supporters Exclusive Discussion
trewang
so a friend of mine recently suffered the sim death... "sim failure" bull... wont work.. loads up but is really laggy, doesnt recognize sim card, freezes a lot... the phone basically is non functional.. it was an ebay phone and unlocked (with generic firmware) so im just wondering what course of action to take next with it... call motorola? how much would it cost fo replace/repair that stuff... and how can i check if there a warranty on it or not...

the other option is to ebay it as a broken item.. but then it suffers a huge loss of value.. which sucks

please advise tongue.gif thanks
Sean
You might be able to get an express exchange from Moto but only they will be able to tell you. If the phone is hot, you may be out of luck. These express exchanges usually cost $25-35.
cortez
i sent my phone to Motorola with the generic OS and they replaced it without question... it'worth a try sending it in... like Sean said, if it's hot, oh well...
trewang
wow sean good one haha.. i didnt say anything about the background of the phone to the motorola lady on the 1866 number.. and she was just like "oh.. since these phones are all under warranty just send it in.. blahblahblah) so basically its not october (or whenever it came out last year) yet so she doesnt care where the sourcei s... well imma be shipping my friends phone to texas national center, and just pray they dont make a deal out of the generic firmware tongue.gif thanks sean
trewang
sean,

oh i forgot again heh.. i checked my email (both yahoo and eden) and still no photo contacts tongue.gif do you think its possible if you can get them to send the application to YOU, who can then somehow transfer it to me?? i dont think i have high budget enough email for such tasks tongue.gif
griffee
PS Sean I haven't seen photo contacts since I subscribed either (forgot about it when I won mapopolis (woo hoo)! Did I miss an email or something?
Sean
Both of you, catch me on MSN messenger and I will send you your file. The problem is your email keeps bouncing the attachment.

My MSN is murphyuic@hotmail.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.