Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Outlook to SMS via Nokia 7650
Mobile Gadget News :: Making Your Mobile Life Simpler > Other Stuff > Off-Topic Everything Else
TeddyBare
Hiya

I have NO idea where to post this, but everyone here seems so helpful, I figured I'd give it a try.

I know what I want to do, but have no idea if its simple, or even posible.

I have a Nokia 7650 phone that sits at home all day doing nothing. I want to set it up with a connection to my home PC, and when I get an email into Outlook that meets some kind of criteria, I want it to forward that email (or part of it) to my other mobile phone via SMS or MMS.

I can't believe this is impossible, but can't find an obvious way to get this working. Can anyone give me some pointers. I don't mind paying for some software to get this working. Even though I have an MPx200 that I can use to check my mail, there are some messages I'd like to be told are waiting for me.

Thanks for any help you can give.
thezoltar
Many ISP's have an email notification function in their email service. ATT sends me a notification directly to my Mpx200 phone number with just the email header. I have my email forwarded from my ATT acct (it forwards prior to any filtering) to my earthlink acct where I filter out all spam etc that tries to come to my phone. I don't recieve email directly from ATT because they want an extra $5 a month to access my regular isp email. Mmode is of course free but I have too many email addresses as it is.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.