Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hats off to T-Mobile Customer Service
> Wireless Carriers > T-Mobile
abatis
I called T-mobile at 1-800-t-mobile today for the first time. I forgot my sim lock code and needed the PUK. I called at 3:15PM US Mountain Time and I had a live voice after just two keypad punches. The tech service agent was swift to give me the PUK and asked if I had any other issues. Well yes, I had ported my number from ATT but my-tzones was still logging me in as my orginal t-mob number. No problem sir we will place a service request, what is your best daytime number?"

If that was you know who I would have been waiting for eons.

After the T-mob agent was finished she asked if I needed anything else. I told her the T-mobile service was fantastic compared to ATTWS. She laughed and said that their goal is to be the best.
deavod
T-Mobile gets my vote for customer satisfaction, that's for sure. But then again I'm comparing AT&T to T-Mobile. Hardly a comparison.
GrYph0n
Wow! That is something that won't be too hard to get used to. I was on hold for a MAX of 5 seconds, and the CSR for T-Mobile was very professional and most importantly, HELPFUL! So far (My first night with T-Mobile) they get four out of five stars for service. It is just a shame that I have to carry two phones for a week or so until my number gets ported. Oh well that is really no ones fault I guess, just glad that I can even keep my number!
net_bull
Eric,
Glad to see you onboard at Tmobile as well. I ditched my ATT contract last week and moved to Tmobile. Only had to carry 2 phones for a few hours and everything went very smooth.
I even flashed my phone immediately using the generic ROM (thanks to you!) and it's rocking to have unlimited internet for free. Tmobile rulez! smile.gif

Steve
thankins
Does T-Mobile offer any prepaid services? Like that of ATT's Go Phone Plan? I have ATT Go Plan now since my credit isnt the greatest and I love it. But if the stories are true about the 850 towers and what not I will be switching
GrYph0n
Yes there are pre-paid SIMS on T-Mobile.

I too just flashed my phone (only after 2 months of looking at the cd) and so far so good. Still working out the qwirks of the manual restore, but everything is pretty much back to origional +. I used the gprs settings from this forum and I am rockin and rollin with my unlimited data.

I did just get two SMS from T-Mobile, the first one was welcoming me (of course) but the second was strange. Anyone make anything of it?
net_bull
Eric,
I got the same SMS, and think it's a number portability message. This was my second SMS, after the welcome one. The third one should be confirmation on your new phone number.
HTH.
Steve
GrYph0n
Sounds Good to me, thank you for the swift resonse!
deavod
Yes I got that same "OK" message when I changed the number on my SIM.
reydiodj
BTW: OTA = over the air update between your handset and their servers acknowledging you
Slacker
You will also notice after your number port that the number on your SIM has changed to the ported number. I didn't realize that would happen. I thought the portability was a type of alias or forward.
GrYph0n
Noticed that too. When I had AT&T and migrated my account from Cali to D.C. my SIM number never changed. It would always show my old Cali number. When I moved to T-Mobile, as soon as my number ported then it changed the SIM number. None of this is really important, just an observation.
abatis
I am happy to say that my wife has decided to move over to T-Mob from ATT. The only downside is she wants the extra MPX200 I have. I want her to to be happy and have great cell service so sacrificing the MPX is worth it. Anyone need an ATT Nokia 6360?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.