Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How do I know if the bluetooth device links to my XDA or not?
Mobile Gadget News :: Making Your Mobile Life Simpler > PocketPC Phone Edition > HTC Phone Edition Devices
frank.lui
How do I find out if bluetooth GPS receiver has linked to my XDA? I looked around comm manger but only find setting. Where can show which bluetooth device linked or not?
runningtiger
XDA or MDA?

I can't help with an XDA specifically but what follows probably works the same. If this question is about your MDA, then you'll need to open whatever software you're using with your GPS receiver (resumably this would be mapping software). Then you'd need to set up the GPS communications from within that software (let it know which outgoing com port you're using, the baud rate etc.) then make sure GPS is turned on from within your software. On the software I use there is a setting that says "start GPS". Look for something like that.

If you don't have mapping software, it's been my experience that the receivers themselves come with software that allows you to connect and see what satellites are being tracked etc. If yours didn't come with something like that, I'd look for a free download or trial somewhere.

Go to the hardware reviews forum and check the reviews of GPS receivers for some tips on how to set them up on your device.

Good luck!
frank.lui
QUOTE (runningtiger @ Apr 30 2007, 07:54 PM) *
XDA or MDA?

I can't help with an XDA specifically but what follows probably works the same. If this question is about your MDA, then you'll need to open whatever software you're using with your GPS receiver (resumably this would be mapping software). Then you'd need to set up the GPS communications from within that software (let it know which outgoing com port you're using, the baud rate etc.) then make sure GPS is turned on from within your software. On the software I use there is a setting that says "start GPS". Look for something like that.

If you don't have mapping software, it's been my experience that the receivers themselves come with software that allows you to connect and see what satellites are being tracked etc. If yours didn't come with something like that, I'd look for a free download or trial somewhere.

Go to the hardware reviews forum and check the reviews of GPS receivers for some tips on how to set them up on your device.

Good luck!

My one is O2 XDA Mini S, also called MDA Vario (or something like that). I did have a Map software coming with the phone. But it does not work. I think both GPS and phone are working. Because I can link BT of phone to my BT of laptop with has a indicator of linking. So did the GPS. I will have a look at the site you recommended. Thanks a lot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.