Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So what is coming up.
Mobile Gadget News :: Making Your Mobile Life Simpler > General > General Discussion
krelvinaz
I've been using a Treo 700W for some time now with Verizon Wireless.

Works pretty good.

Most of the guys at work now have MotoQ's. I had for a brief time thought of move to that as I like the form factor but decided to wait as I think some new stuff is right around the corner.

I recently got a USB700 WWAN card (actually adapter) with a WWAN account with Verizon to use with my notebook for offsite access. Works really good and shows off the Rev A capabilities that my Treo doesn't support. Even with a low signal, I consistently get 1560/450 connection speeds with it. I use it almost every day from work/home and on the road. Works very well.

So I know some new devices coming out are going to have al least Rev A and I've heard that Rev B is coming up too.

So anyone have an idea of what the next group of phones will have.

WM6.0
EVDO Rev A

Any idea when you think they may start to become available.
runningtiger
I have no specifics, but pdadb.net's list of upcoming models is a good place to look.

They have info on the models expected this month and beyond. They also have a very easy to use compare devices function.
smeg36
I think the most exciting CDMA device coming anytime soon is the HTC S720, the CDMA version of the Vox. Not sure about the EVDO ver., but it will have WM6.
krelvinaz
The Samsung SCH i760 looks interesting.

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=696

Bit surprised about the USB 1.1 though. However, I rarely sync to a computer now days. Use wireless sync instead.
runningtiger
What interests you about the i760? I'm interested in the PPCs coming that have number pads like a Smartphone (the i760 and the imate ultimate 8150). But, I think my interest might be faulty. I had thought/hoped that I'd be able assign keypad shortcuts on my new PPC the way I'm accustomed to on my Smartphone and something I REALLY missed on my MDA/Wizard. But, thinking about it again today, I realized the software versions for PPCs don't expect there to be a numberpad and therefore probably couldn't take advantage. I'm thinking specifically of xbar and maybe TCPMP too. Any thoughts on this? I notice you have a Palm Treo...what about the i760 makes it interesting to you?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.