Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bluespoon AX2 in Win XP
Mobile Gadget News :: Making Your Mobile Life Simpler > Microsoft SmartPhones > Motorola MPx220
Tuxi
I have a Bluetooth Billionton USB dongle and a Nextlink Bluespoon AX2 headset. I was able to get the AX2 to play Windows XP sounds and DVD movie sounds on a Compaq laptop computer. I made the same installation on my desktop HP multimedia computer, and the AX2 linked up with the USB dongle, everything seems cool, but no Windows sound can be heard on the AX2 headset. I have checked "device manager" in Control Panel and reinstallaed the driver, but still no sound. The AX2 works, since the setup works with my laptop. What can I do? HELP! Jeff.
smeg36
Do you know what BT stack your desktop is using? Different BT stacks have different options and profiles, and will have different methods of doing what you're wanting.
muchomorek
It will not work with the Microsoft Bluetooth drivers because they don't support audio connections to headsets.

you need widcomm drivers.
runningtiger
No sounds (music, DVD etc.) play through your headset or, just windows sounds (default beep, new mail notification etc.) won't?

If it's no sounds at all, have you opened the Audio Properties window and verified the sound playback default device is set to your Bluetooth?

Right-click on the speaker down in the clock tray and click on "adjust audio properties" then click on the audio tab and verify which device is being used as the default for sound playback (the topmost dropdown box on the audio tab). If it's your regular sound card you need to drop it down and choose Bluetooth Audio or Bluetooth High Quality Audio (to get stereo output).

At least that's how it works on mine (using WidComm). Good luck!
Tuxi
QUOTE (muchomorek @ Apr 1 2007, 04:00 PM) *
It will not work with the Microsoft Bluetooth drivers because they don't support audio connections to headsets.

you need widcomm drivers.

Thank you to all of you for responding. The headset does not play any sound, not the windows default nor the CD drive sound. The sound properties is set to BlueTooth AV.

How do I get widcomm drivers? I went into Control Panel, Device Manager and checked and installed my dricer (CRS blue tooth) which came with my device, so it is not the Generic windows bluetooth stack. Any other idea? thank you!
Tuxi
I replied already but it must have gotten lost. Thanks to everybody for responding to my question. Here's the update: I went into Device Manager and load my CSR BT driver instead of using Generic Win driver under the Blue Tooth device. My audio properties are set to the BT headset. My headset does not play any sound, not the win default, not sounds from the CD, nothing. I set the Sound control in control panel to the BT headset for everything, voice, sound, etc. Still no sound. If I switched the BT dongle and the BT headset to the other computer, I can music, and win default sounds. If I switched back to this computer, nothing. If I set sounds to default to the sound card, then this computer plays everything. Any other idea? Appreciate your help.
smeg36
Are you sure your BT stackk supports BT audio? I don't recognize the driver you have listed above,n so I'm not sure if it has the needed profile or not. You'd have to hack the Widcomm drivers to work with your dongle, and even then it may not work. I haven't had very good results trying Widcomm driers on my BT devices not built for them.
Tuxi
QUOTE (smeg36 @ Apr 2 2007, 06:40 PM) *
Are you sure your BT stackk supports BT audio? I don't recognize the driver you have listed above,n so I'm not sure if it has the needed profile or not. You'd have to hack the Widcomm drivers to work with your dongle, and even then it may not work. I haven't had very good results trying Widcomm driers on my BT devices not built for them.

How do I "hack" the widcomm drivers? where do I get them? I am using the driver that came with the dongle.
runningtiger
I don't know if there is anywhere you can just download the WidComm driver as I haven't looked. I know it comes with the Jabra A320s dongle and they have a software update on their website for that particular piece of hardware. I think the WidComm Stack is in there, but wouldn't have a clue how to extract just that part of it.

FYI: I had troubles like you're having with the first and second BT dongles I purchased and finally ended up with the Jabra and have had no problems since. It might be worthwhile just to purchase their hardware and go from there.
smeg36
I don't remember exactly where to get it, but searching Google will yield guides on how to install the Widcomm stack on non-Widcomm devices. Even then though there's no guarantee it will work. Your dongle has to support the required BT profile. It may not only be a software issue.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.