Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PDA/Phone w/ External Antenna Jack & cradle?
> General > General Discussion
wardljc
I need a recommendation on a PDA phone to replace my IPAQ & cellphone, but it needs to have an external antenna jack and a car cradle to mate to the antenna jack. I have an RF amplifier in my car going between my car cradle to my antenna, but I'm using an old Nokia 6340i, just because it has the external antenna jack.

Anyone in the same quest?

John
runningtiger
I know nothing about this, but after reading your post this is what came to my mind.

On the back of both my SDA and MDA there is a rubber "cork" that has some sort of connector behind it. It isn't mentioned in the user guide, so I don't know for certain...but it looks to me like it might be a place where an external antenna connects. It looks like it receives a small push pin connector (coaxial) like I saw as an add-on antenna on a router one time...very small.

I've attached one very blurry image. Sorry I can't do better.

Click to view attachment

Before posting, I just did a Google search for "SDA external antenna" and confirmed it is an antenna port. See this eBay listing for a picture of it on the MDA.
smeg36
Most Windows Mobile phones do have an external antenna port, so I'd find a phone you like then see if it has the port. It most likely will. As for car cradles that will mount the jack, I've seen very few. I've never really searched to be fair though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.