Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 11 Pin to 3.5mm Audio ADAPTOR available
Mobile Gadget News :: Making Your Mobile Life Simpler > Microsoft SmartPhones > Cingular 3125/Star Trek
JSReidNYC
I haven't gotten my 3125 yet, but this audio jack was a big issue with me. The phone is due to arrive tomorrow ($0 from letstalk.com) and I will be ordering the jack soon from:

https://www.mobileplanet.com/p.aspx?i=138247

$16 is a bit much, but hey, it's available. But by the time you add the $8 shipping.... what a racket!

BTW. I loved my MPx200 until it got stolen. I've been without a smartphone ever since. I didn't want to replace it until something decent came along. I think it has...
runningtiger
I'm anxious to hear what you think of this adapter. The proprietary headset jack has been an issue for me too. I like the phone in many other ways and am looking to update our MPx220. I'd feel even better about the phone if this adapter works well. Be sure to post back here with your opinion of it.

Good luck!
JSReidNYC
I received my 3125 today and have spent a few hours playing with it. I must say, regarding the headest and jack: It's good, it's very good. I was surprised. Nice bass, and nice highs. The in-line volume control works well. It looks like any other POS add-on headset, but the sound that comes from it is quite nice. As for this being a good mp3 player, I have to say 'yes' , it is. Better sound than my Creative MuVo.

So, with the issue of the connection being a proprietary jack and all, I think I'm going to stick with it for now. I can't justify spending $24 for a little adapter that should cost $3 at the most. My only complaint is the wires are a little stiff and lack the managability of better headsets.

Now, if I had a set of $200 Shure's, I would probably spend the $24 for the adapter, but then again, it is a good player, but doesn't justify $200 headphones. cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.