Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Audiovox PPC 4100
Mobile Gadget News :: Making Your Mobile Life Simpler > PocketPC Phone Edition > Other Phone Edition Devices
miraail
I've been trying to find a proper forum to post this is and this one seems to be the right spot. Well anyway I have a Audiovo PPC 4110. I purchased it on Ebay around 2003 and it still works great with the exception of one problem. I have a headset that when I use it with the PDA I can hear people talking to me but they are not able to hear me in return. I've tried to get some help from audiovox. But they gave me some bull about sending it in for repairs. I'm already sent it in for repairs before when my screen broke and now I would rather see if there's any way I can get this resolve on my own.

Any help on this matter from anyone who's had this problem or heard about it before would be greatly appreciated.

Mir
smeg36
Have you tried using a different headset? Was this headset working with the PPC-4100 one day, then not working the next? I'd try fixing the cheaper items to be sure where the problem lies before sending it in for repair.
miraail
QUOTE (smeg36 @ Oct 27 2006, 08:36 PM) *
Have you tried using a different headset? Was this headset working with the PPC-4100 one day, then not working the next? I'd try fixing the cheaper items to be sure where the problem lies before sending it in for repair.

yes actually I tried using to different head sets. One was the M205 from Plantronics and the other which I still have is the MX100S also a plantronic.

Both of them are giving me the same problem
linus_photo
sad.gif Hi, I don't know if you resolved your problem, but aniway I think that the problem is on the 2.5mm jack of the headset. The Audiovox ppc4100 accept just headsets with 3 black rings on the jack, because the 3th ring is for the microphone. The standrd jack 2.5mm with 2 black rings don't want on the ppc4100, you need an adapter.
Please could I ask to you how much was the cost to Audiovox service for reparing your ppc screen?
My touchscreen felt down on the floor and now i need to repair it.

Thank you so much for your assistance. I would appreciate a your answer.

QUOTE (miraail @ Oct 27 2006, 05:39 PM) *
I've been trying to find a proper forum to post this is and this one seems to be the right spot. Well anyway I have a Audiovo PPC 4110. I purchased it on Ebay around 2003 and it still works great with the exception of one problem. I have a headset that when I use it with the PDA I can hear people talking to me but they are not able to hear me in return. I've tried to get some help from audiovox. But they gave me some bull about sending it in for repairs. I'm already sent it in for repairs before when my screen broke and now I would rather see if there's any way I can get this resolve on my own.

Any help on this matter from anyone who's had this problem or heard about it before would be greatly appreciated.

Mir
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.