Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sprite Backup Questions
Mobile Gadget News :: Making Your Mobile Life Simpler > Microsoft SmartPhones > Cingular 3125/Star Trek
Xeno
I installed Sprite Backup with my office PC where I use BT with ActiveSyn. I guess it would have been better to do this at home with the cable.

At some point during the installation, I got an error message but it was gone before I could write it down. Something related to the installation. Maybe during one of the reboots since I did not automatically connect to ActiveSyn that this caused a problem. I looked for a manual or installation instructions and couldn't find them so had just started by clicking on the exe file.

But on my phone the program looks to be fully functional. I did a backup already and everything seemed normal except I got an error message about one specific program on my phone. That program still functions normally but I guess that Sprite was not able to do a complete backup of the program.

Finally, since I ran the exe file on my office computer now I have the help files on that pc. Is there a way to get the same help files on my home pc?

Thanks.
smeg36
You could just run the Sprint .exe on your home PC, then cancel the install to your phone. Or you could completely reinstall it from your home PC if you want to be sure the install goes through with no error messages.
Xeno
QUOTE (smeg36 @ Oct 19 2006, 11:39 AM) *
You could just run the Sprint .exe on your home PC, then cancel the install to your phone. Or you could completely reinstall it from your home PC if you want to be sure the install goes through with no error messages.

So I don't need to uninstall it from my office PC before doing an install on my home pc?

I need the help files most on the home pc and would like to avoid the 2nd error message because that program was the one I was most interested in protecting.
smeg36
No, you don't have to uninstall it from your work PC first. I get error messages when I run Sprite, but have never actually had a problem restoring from a backup that had an error message. What program and error message are you getting?
Xeno
I did a reinstall at home with a cable and this time no error message during the install or during the backup. At the end of the backup, however, there was a warning about a file that did not get saved. It was something about ActiveSyn (several characters here) and I guess it is not important.

One side problem now that I don't know how to remedy. The home screen Cingular default is now a very light blue which I do not like. How do I get the same screen with the original dark blue? I don't want to switch to one of the window screens.

Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.