Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Active Sync Contact Options
Mobile Gadget News :: Making Your Mobile Life Simpler > Microsoft SmartPhones > Cingular 3125/Star Trek
xole
I just plugged in my new 3125 today, replacing my SMT5600, and had to update to the newer version of activesync.

For some reason I no longer have the options for contacts anymore (to select categories). I have options for Calendar.

I can plug the 5600 in and it still has the contacts sync options. I have also tried deleting all partnerships and creating new....still no luck.

Any ideas?
abatis
I believe category filtering is not available in Windows Mobile 5. Agenda Fusion and other software may provide that type of support.
omega2008
I typed in all my contacts into Outook and assigned them a category. Then I synced with my phone and when I go to contacts I can hit Menu, Filter and select a contact. Is this what you are talking about?

How to add categories to contacts in Outook 2003:

Open Outlook, create a new contact or highlight an exsisting one, click Edit, Categories. And there ya go. Create all the categories you want then assign them to your contacts of choice. To assign categories right click on a contact and select Categories. Hope this helps
xole
QUOTE (omega2008 @ Sep 20 2006, 06:11 PM) *
I typed in all my contacts into Outook and assigned them a category. Then I synced with my phone and when I go to contacts I can hit Menu, Filter and select a contact. Is this what you are talking about?

Yea, I used categories to identify what I synced. I have a category setup that is actually a "no sync" category. Then through activesync/contacts/options I would tell activesync to sync all categories except the "no sync" category. This way I would not waste phone memory as well as delay the caller id lookup going through all of the extra contacts.

I can do the filter you mention but filter cannot include contacts with no category as well as ones with categories when you try to filter on multiple categories.

I guess I am just a little suprised/disapointed MS would remove this function.
GrYph0n
I never noticed that they removed that as well as I never had a need for it. I just assumed it was there I guess, I am a bit suprised myself.
Just thought that I would note that I have a lot of contacts, and I have never seen any sort of callerID delay on any of my calls in or out.
Slacker
QUOTE (GrYph0n @ Sep 21 2006, 12:06 AM) *
Just thought that I would note that I have a lot of contacts, and I have never seen any sort of callerID delay on any of my calls in or out.

The MPx220 I believe had significant delays with the photo caller ID if your contacts DB was extensive. But I haven't heard of that problem in ....... close to a year?
xole
QUOTE (Slacker @ Sep 21 2006, 04:56 AM) *
The MPx220 I believe had significant delays with the photo caller ID if your contacts DB was extensive. But I haven't heard of that problem in ....... close to a year?

Sorry, I should have been clearer about the slowness, it is not with the 3125...I guess my comment goes back to the original mpx200. That is when I originally started using categories. BTW, mpx200 is still going strong...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.