Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Volume Hack for Cingular 2125?
Mobile Gadget News :: Making Your Mobile Life Simpler > General > General Discussion
christo
My Cingular 2125 volume is way too low. I've seen other complaints but I can't find out how to change Data Value. In registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER, Sounds, Volume I see "Volume" with the Data Value set at 4294967295. If it was a 1 or 2 I could futz with it and hack it louder. Don't know how to modify this value. Anybody out there have any ideas? thanks
hhhawkins
QUOTE (christo @ Aug 3 2006, 09:18 AM) *
My Cingular 2125 volume is way too low. I've seen other complaints but I can't find out how to change Data Value. In registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER, Sounds, Volume I see "Volume" with the Data Value set at 4294967295. If it was a 1 or 2 I could futz with it and hack it louder. Don't know how to modify this value. Anybody out there have any ideas? thanks

Well, christo, I would do just like I would do on a regular PC: Make a backup copy of the registry, then, as you say, futz with the values. I would start with the far right hand digit, because that usually is the least significant bit or byte. I would change the last number to a "6", then try it again. Let me know what happens, OK?
runningtiger
I have the i-mate version of this phone and I think mine is almost too loud. So, I just checked the setting and it's identical to yours. Sorry, no help there. BUT where you said it's located is slightly different on my phone. I won't be able to help you make yours louder, but would like to get on record where the actual setting can be found. It's VERY important with REG edits to be precise and to get things right.

I believe the location is wm5 specific and would be the same no matter which your device. Mine, at least, is located here:
\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Volume
then DWord value name = volume
value data = 4294967295
runningtiger
The original post is from awhile ago, so I don't know if the problem persists but I'm wondering if the problem was with the earpiece volume or ring volume?

If the problem is earpiece volume and messing with the registry isn't something you want to do, then you could just long press the green call key until the speakerphone kicks in. If you're in a noisy setting or just can't hear for whatever reason, this makes it quite loud. That's just a "quick and dirty" suggestion. wink.gif

If the problem is ring volume, then try scrolling down on your home screen until you are at "profile" and select it. Notice which profile you're using and if it's not "outdoor" give that one a try. That setting makes all the phone's sounds louder. You could also highlight "outdoor" then use the right soft button to choose "menu\edit" and check to see that all the settings are set for as loud as you want/need. The choices are 1-4 & Loud...and also Off. I have all mine set to "loud" where that is a choice and "vibrate and ring\sound" where that is a choice.

Lastly, if the phone still isn't loud enough for you, then I suggest wearing a BlueTooth headset and installing "BTAudioToggle". Once activated it will pass all the sounds your phone makes directly to your headset. I don't think you'll miss anything ever again 'cuz the sound happens right in your ear. Can't miss it!

BTAudioToggle can be found here:
http://surrealnetworks.com/mpx/SDAapps.htm

BTaudio 3KB (cab) Details
Directs All Audio to Your BT Headset, Click Icon To Toggle BT Audio On/Off

That site is for SDA owners, but I believe the 2125 is the same phone just branded Cingular and minus the wifi. Research this yourself to be certain.

Good luck!
GoolGaul
QUOTE (christo @ Aug 3 2006, 10:18 AM) *

I have the same problem w/ my 2125. low volume all around, especially on ringtones.

4294967295 = FFFFFFFF hexadecimal.
that would lead me to think that is max for that setting.

I did poke around further and found this:
HKey_Current_User:ControlPanel:SoundCategories:Ring:InitVol = 5
I set to 6 and then 7 with a notable increase in Ring Volume.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.