Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need MPX220 USB driver
Mobile Gadget News :: Making Your Mobile Life Simpler > Microsoft SmartPhones > Motorola MPx220
Ted
Can anyone tell me where I can get the Windows XP USB driver for the MPX220? The link to download from the Moto web site does not work. I've called Moto support and the said I don't need a USB driver. But when I connect the MPX220 to my computer, Windows finds a new "USB device", starts the new hardward wizard and prompts to search for the new driver which it can't find. I've tried this on several computers with the same result. And I've tried different data cables. Interestingly, one a 3rd computer I tried, it did find the correct driver on it's own and installed properly so I don't suspect a problem with the phone itself.

Any suggestions??
smeg36
Do you have Activesync installed? Activesync is the software you need to connect a Windows Mobile device to a Windows PC. It includes the driver needed. You can get it at www.windowsmobile.com.
Ted
Yes, I do have ActiveSync 3.8 installed. In fact, I used my MPX200 with this computer before I bought the MPX220 and it worked fine.

When the phone is connected, Windows treats it like an unknown USB device. I found the smartphone.inf from http://www.imei-check.co.uk/ and pointed Windows to that file but it doesn't recognize it.

Any other ideas?
Nidza
smartphone.inf is only when the phone is off, for flashing purposes. While phone is on and for synchronizing, all you need is, as smeg36 said, Activesync. Most recent version is 4.2. Maybe you have cable or phone issues. Try to sync it with bluetooth, it's much more elegant, and BT USB adapters are so cheap.
Ted
I installed Activesync 4.2 and it works fine now! Thanks for the help...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.