Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 8125 Hard reset....Relock?
Mobile Gadget News :: Making Your Mobile Life Simpler > PocketPC Phone Edition > HTC Phone Edition Devices
Pigpaw3
I bought an unlocked 8125 on ebay, great deal. Question is, if I ever have to do a hard reset on it will I undo the unlocking procedure the ebay vender performed. Its a cingular 8125 that I have a ATT sim card in. Hopefully a hard reset doesnt make it a cingular sim only phone?? THX
smeg36
No, a hard reset doesn't remove a SIM lock on any Windows Mobile device, incluing the 8125.
Pigpaw3
Thanks but Im not completely sure about the wording of the reply. I think maybe it was how I asked the question. My concern is if I have to do a hard reset, will it "undo the unlock" and make it a locked phone? I understand the hard reset wont unlock a phone but the vendor I bought the phone had to perform the unlocking procedure and I dont want to undo it with a HR. Thanks again
smeg36
Hard resetting doen't effect the SIM lock status. If it is SIM unlocked, it will remain so after a hard reset.
Pigpaw3
QUOTE (smeg36 @ Jul 23 2006, 11:44 AM) *
Hard resetting doen't effect the SIM lock status. If it is SIM unlocked, it will remain so after a hard reset.

Thanks for the info.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.