Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Verizon - Best Smartphone
Mobile Gadget News :: Making Your Mobile Life Simpler > Microsoft SmartPhones > Motorola MPx220
fuel007one
Have a friend who looking to change out of a blackberry and is looking for a clamshell smartphone. I am on cingular but if any of you who are on Verizon can recommend your pick for best smartphone (clam or otherwise) from Verizon I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks
smeg36
Are you including Pocket PC Phones, or just Smartphones? If he wants a clamshell, the Samsung i600 is the only option. It's pretty cheap on ebay now though. I picked one up for $30 (a rare deal). The absolute best Smartphone is the Motorola Q. I am in love with mine. I just can't get over how beautiful it is. If he's including PPC Phones, it depends on what his uses would be. Probably the XV6700 though.
fuel007one
QUOTE (fuel007one @ Jul 12 2006, 01:16 PM) *
Have a friend who looking to change out of a blackberry and is looking for a clamshell smartphone. I am on cingular but if any of you who are on Verizon can recommend your pick for best smartphone (clam or otherwise) from Verizon I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks

thanks smeg. do you know if that samsung can receive the emails and open .doc, .xls, and .pdf files?
fuel007one
QUOTE (smeg36 @ Jul 12 2006, 01:39 PM) *
Are you including Pocket PC Phones, or just Smartphones? If he wants a clamshell, the Samsung i600 is the only option. It's pretty cheap on ebay now though. I picked one up for $30 (a rare deal). The absolute best Smartphone is the Motorola Q. I am in love with mine. I just can't get over how beautiful it is. If he's including PPC Phones, it depends on what his uses would be. Probably the XV6700 though.

No more i600 on Verizon unfortunately. To him, the Q is same shape as the Blackberry....
smeg36
The i600 isn't available on their website or in stores anymore. You'd have to get it online somewhere, probably ebay. Yes it can receive emails. If you get Clearvue is can open and view office documents. No Smartphone can edit them though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.