Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rapid battery drain post hard reset
Mobile Gadget News :: Making Your Mobile Life Simpler > Microsoft SmartPhones > Motorola MPx220
runningtiger
I recently did a hard reset on my MPx220. Prior to doing that I made sure the battery was fully charged. But, now my battery is dropping like a rock! It used to be overnight it would go from 100% to 97%. Now it goes from 100% to 70% in 6-ish hours!

I've checked and the IR beam setting is off, so that's not it. That's how fast it's draining. It reminds me of when I checked the features on my 200 and left the IR on. Lesson learned quickly on that one!

But, why is this happening on my 220 now? Any ideas? I've done hard resets a few times and never had the battery submarine like this.
Flash
Mine acted that way too after just a power off and on.
I powered it off and on again in a couple of days, and it went back to normal.
Hope this helps.
Nidza
Maybe it's a battery issue? Or you have some program installed which drains battery? Charge battery with phone off overnight.

Another thing can influence battery life - bad reception if your carrier had issues recently. Or if you play with a phone while charing - the contact with charger isn't as solid as it is supposed to be, so there might be a problem. Clean contacts with soft clothe and WD40 if you don't have contact spray for that purpose.
runningtiger
Thanks all for the suggestions. Turning the phone on/off didn't clear the problem and neither did charging the phone while off overnight. I tried that last night and turned the phone on this a.m. with 100% charge. In two hours it was down 25%. ohmy.gif I observed full signal strength all morning, so I don't think it's a bad reception issue either.

I like to use my phone as a music player and losing battery power this quickly just can't go on. I usually am able to get a good 6+ hours of continual music play. I can't even begin to imagine how fast the battery would drain if I added music listening at this point (since it's dropping like a rock just sitting there doing nothing but waiting to be used). blink.gif

I've noticed there is also a memory leak problem (starts out with 10,000-ish and after a few hours of doing nothing is down to 3,000-4,000 ish - so, I'm going to try hard resetting again and remove a suspect program (MyTools...which I've written about recently). Hopefully, that will resolve the issue. I'll post how that goes.
runningtiger
Problem solved.

I hard reset and did not re-load "MyTools".

TO BE CLEAR, the version I had loaded was for wm2002 and my phone has wm2003se on it. I had downloaded it awhile ago and tried it on my phone - which hung. I hard reset and didn't return to the program until last week when I hard reset and decided to try loading the program first. It loaded but some of the features worked and others did not. When I went looking for their website I found out the version I had was NOT for my phone. They do have a wm2003 version, but Micro Cheng's website is not loading so I can't try it. My original interest in the program was 'cuz Omega2008 had it listed as a program he uses. If anyone knows where to get the cab file for this free download, I'd appreciate if you'd pass it along.

Without "MyTools" on my phone, I charged my phone last night and this a.m. the battery was down 3% and it had 10,772kb of free memory. Whew....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.