Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sprite Backup - Undo Last Backup
Mobile Gadget News :: Making Your Mobile Life Simpler > Microsoft SmartPhones > Motorola MPx220
fuel007one
Does anyone know how to "undo" the most recent restore. I think I just screwed myself in that I just received a replacement phone. Had the normal 1.43 on it. Then I inadvertantly restored it to an old backup on the screwed up old phone and it is no longer showing any of the message settings.

I desperately need to somehow find a way to undo the last restore if at all possible.

Thanks MUCHO ANYONE!
abatis
The Sprite site has a forum that may help. However, I believe whatever last backup you had before the current one is all you will be able to use for data.
smeg36
A hard reset would undo the restore (and everything else you put on it). Are you wanting to take off just the info you restored and leave other things on? I don't think that's possible.
fuel007one
QUOTE (abatis @ Jul 8 2006, 06:15 PM) *
The Sprite site has a forum that may help. However, I believe whatever last backup you had before the current one is all you will be able to use for data.

I just reflashed it to 1.43 then 3.45. Now I gotta get schooled on registry tweaks (the font on 3.45 is so tiny it's hard to see in addition to the Proxy/GPRS settings menus still being partially in Japanese after the regional changes). Loaded PHM and Mobile Registry Editor and need to read a lot before going any further. Don't suppose there is any sort of pdf or msword "manual" on the art of the tweak is there?

Thanks for responding folks.
mkestu
Check out Omega's Blog, great Registry Tweaks for the ASian ROMs....

http://www.mobilegadgetnews.com/blog/omega...hp?showentry=49
Nidza
Always make series of backup! Keep at least 2 backup files, Sprite can be configured to do so. On my old MPx200 had corrupted backup file once. Old backup file solved the issue. Never lay on only one file.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.