Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Problem with activesync BT
Mobile Gadget News :: Making Your Mobile Life Simpler > Microsoft SmartPhones > Motorola MPx220
adanvm
Hello I have a trouble with my mpx220, I canŽt sync by bluetooth, I have activesync 4.1, the phone have the cingular rom 1.30.0.0, I set up the com port in my pc, and choose allow connection in this port.

I can sync by IR and usb, and send files by BT, the phone and pc, have the asociation, but when I choose "sync by BT" only recieve a chirp and nothing happen.

Someone can help me?

Thank
mkestu
Try this.

On your phone open active sync --> menu --> options --> pc settings --> menu --> advanced --> check the box and select Bluetooth AS in the list.
adanvm
Thank, but in my phone only appears "ŽUSB" in that option.
runningtiger
I've never tried syncing via Bluetooth but wanted to ad that I have Asian rom 3.45 and my phone only shows the 'USB option like yours. I don't have the option that mkestu said to try.
mkestu
QUOTE (runningtiger @ Jun 28 2006, 01:31 AM) *
I've never tried syncing via Bluetooth but wanted to ad that I have Asian rom 3.45 and my phone only shows the 'USB option like yours. I don't have the option that mkestu said to try.

I am also using 3.45, must be a ROM thing. Sorry, I don't remember the details of 1.3.

Maybe one of the others members that have 1.3 and use BT Active Sync can help.
Nidza
It doesn't make any difference which COM port you put in the phone bluetooth serial port setup.

On activesync you cannot choose whatever COM port you like, only the exact one incoming COM port already prepared for that purpose in Bluetooth software on PC. I use some Blue Soleil software, and most of the Bluetooth USB dongles I've seen use same software. Anyway, it works fine even with Windows XP Bluetooth support, but it is much less usable and configurable.

When everything is set-up you should pair a device with a PC. In Settings - Bluetooth - Menu - Devices - Menu - New. Make sure PC Bluetooth is in Discoverable mode and pair them with same Pin code.

After pairing connections always initiate from mobile, not from PC. Use Activesync - connect via Bluetooth.

It should work like charm.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.