Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Phone shuts off
Mobile Gadget News :: Making Your Mobile Life Simpler > Microsoft SmartPhones > Motorola MPx200
Mersiles
ok i keep powering up my phone and it keeps turning right back off. My battery has plenty of charge. Anyone know what i can do to fix it?
smeg36
It sounds like a hard reset may be required. It will erase all the data on your phone though. Follow the directions here
Mersiles
QUOTE (smeg36 @ Jun 23 2006, 04:21 AM) *
It sounds like a hard reset may be required. It will erase all the data on your phone though. Follow the directions here

i start a hard reset but the phone shuts off before it can complete it mad.gif
toomuchdogfur
QUOTE (Mersiles @ Jun 23 2006, 02:26 PM) *
i start a hard reset but the phone shuts off before it can complete it mad.gif

This is probably unlikely, but check the copper contacts that connect your phone to your battery. You might have to bend the contacts out a little, as a loose contact can mean that the phone may turn off without explanantion. That never happened to me though - the phone would just refuse to start in my case - but just check anyway!
m1.carson
Hi,
Something similar happened when I flashed the rom, try plugging in the charger, then turn it on.
worth a try.
awarner
Back to the beginning a sec, how do you know if the battery is fully charged if the phone keeps powering off as soon as it boots up?
Can you actually start any battery monitoring applications up like binarys Task Manager? This will give you a proper battery level reading rather than the battery bar.

It could be possible that the internal fuse has gone which prevents you from charging the battery as what you are discribing is normally related to a low battery charge.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.