Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Upgrading to wm2003 or 2005
Mobile Gadget News :: Making Your Mobile Life Simpler > Microsoft SmartPhones > Motorola MPx200
Rukiaa
Hi,

I've just simunlocked my mpx200 with this guide on the internet http://www.rasoul.com/mpx200/
and is it possable to upgrade to wm2003 or 2005?

on wm2002 it works fine with another sim/provider so i wanna try anohter OS on it.
the standard provider is vodafone, i use now KPN.

Thanks,
Rukia..
DrBrains
Yes! You can flash to any OS you want once the phone is unlocked. I got mine as a vodafone pre-paid sim-locked and use it with my KPN sim now. Flashed is to WM2003 first and later to 2005 when it came "availlable".

Flashing to wm2003 is straight-forward. For flashing to WM2005 see the different guides on this forum
awarner
2003 is usable as a ROM but WM5 is not really worth it. Both will slow down the phone WM5 more than 2003 and none of them are officially supported OS for the phone.
Rukiaa
I see, i tried wm2005, but cant install anyway, because the kingston SD card.
But i'm happy with wm2003. so i can overclock it to 155mhz or 144. and IRC tongue.gif

btw will that mpx200 guide unlock works also on an mpx220?
awarner
Not that I am aware of.
The only reliable MPX220 SIM unlocking method that works is from www.imei-check.co.uk
There are the other ebay options but not always as good.
smeg36
The vast majority of MPx220s came unlocked out of the box though. I'd try it with another carrier's SIM to be sure before you go paying to get it unlocked. I've read of very few that were locked. If it is indeed locked though, awarner's suggestion of www.imei-check.co.uk is the best option.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.