Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How "don't refuse incoming call when I close flip" ?
Mobile Gadget News :: Making Your Mobile Life Simpler > Microsoft SmartPhones > Motorola MPx200
DieguZ
Anyone knows how to "don't refuse incoming call when I close flip" ? rolleyes.gif

It's very annoing wink.gif
runningtiger
If you're closing the flip while a call is coming in (in progress)...what is it that you're trying to do? How would you expect your call to continue? I'm missing something here. Please explain a bit more.
DieguZ
QUOTE (runningtiger @ Jun 8 2006, 09:26 PM) *
If you're closing the flip while a call is coming in (in progress)...what is it that you're trying to do? How would you expect your call to continue? I'm missing something here. Please explain a bit more.

sorry if I was not so clear. The problem is this: someone is calling me (i.e. the phone is ringing), I open the flip to see who is on main display (because the external display with WM5 doesn't display anymore the name of the contact but only the number), if I decide to not respond to the call and I close the flip, the call is refused and this is not so fine tongue.gif I want to simply ignore the call and close the flip unsure.gif

Hope to be more precise
runningtiger
So, it sounds to me like you're saying your carrier turns the call away without the opportunity to leave a message...I don't have wm2005 so my help may not be your last and best answer. But, I do have an MPx200 (wm2003) and if I press the red hangup key (end call) instead of answering (green key), it'll send the call to voicemail. Give that a try.

FYI: I just tried this on my 220 (wm2003se) and pressing the red key, or selecting the right soft key (reject), or simply shutting the flip all have the same end result...the call is sent to my voicemail.

Annoyingly, my carrier (Cingular) gives a message that says I'm on the phone. I don't want that message going out so I usually just tap the volume down button - which mutes the ringtone & vibrate - then when I don't answer it goes to my normal personalized outgoing message instead of the I'm "on the phone" one.

I hope you hear from someone with wm2005 like you've got...maybe they'll have a better answer. But, in the meantime, try just "rejecting" the call either with the right soft key or the red "end call" key.
DrBrains
Sounds like you want this:

Don't answer the call when you OPEN the flip. You can do that with a reg. change. See other posts.

And/Or:

Add the contacts to the sim-card so you can see the name on the external display. The only problem with this is, that the sim-card can't store a lot of contacts.
DieguZ
QUOTE (DrBrains @ Jun 15 2006, 09:00 PM) *
Sounds like you want this:

Don't answer the call when you OPEN the flip. You can do that with a reg. change. See other posts.

And/Or:

Add the contacts to the sim-card so you can see the name on the external display. The only problem with this is, that the sim-card can't store a lot of contacts.

For the first: no, I want the telephone to do not answar the call when I CLOSE the flip biggrin.gif

For the second: I'll try this as soon as I find a SIM manager for my WM5 mpx200 wink.gif

Thanks for the help
runningtiger
We're having a bit of a language issue here. We can keep trying and hopefully get an answer for you.

In your first post you said you want to "knows how to "don't refuse incoming call when I close flip" ?

That sort of made it sound like you wanted to accept the call while closing the flip.

Then you clarified that by saying "if I decide to not respond to the call and I close the flip, the call is refused and this is not so fine I want to simply ignore the call and close the flip.

This makes is sound like you want to close the flip and ignore/not respond to the call - rather than refuse it. What's the difference? It seems if you get a call and ignore/not respond to it, it should just go to your voicemail - but it sounds like from what you said that somehow it is being "refused". What does that mean? Does that mean your caller gets a "call refused" message rather than the opportunity to leave you a voicemail? What happens when your incoming call is "refused"?

Dr. Brains thought it sounded like you want to not auto-answer when the flip gets opened and he referred you to a registry edit that accomplishes that.

To which you responded "no, I want the telephone to do not answar the call when I CLOSE the flip"

You already said the phone is not answering that it's refusing when you just want to ignore.

So, I'm sorry, but I still don't understand what exactly is happening when you get a call and close the flip?

This just occurred to me...OK, it sounds like you DON'T want the call to go to voicemail. If that's the case, I don't think there is a way to do that just for one call here and there. I think voicemail can be eliminated from your account totally. Or, whatever you set your phone up to do it will do for all calls that go unanswered. If you go to the "settings" menu and then the "phone" menu and then the "call forwarding" menu there are four settings there called "unconditional", "no reply", "busy", and "unavailable". Go through all four and make sure they're set up the way you want. These all interact directly with your network settings. For instance, I have "no reply" set up to go to call forwarding which is set up to go to my voicemail. I think you might want to change that setting so it doesn't go to your voicemail. If that's the case, you would un-check the "enable call forwarding when no reply" box.

If that doesn't fix your problem, then I think we need what your definitions of refuse and ignore are?
DrBrains
@ RunningTiger: I think you are right. There most be some language issue.

When someone refuses an incoming call, it's an "active" action. That is: press the red-phone button to refuse the call. This lets the provider "think" you're allready on the phone and don't want to accept the call (or switch to that incoming call). When you're doing "nothing" that "passive" action is the same as not being able to answer to the telecom provider so the incoming call is redirected to the voice-mail box or is terminated when you don't want to use the voicemail box.

So: If I want "don't refuse incoming call" I read: accept the call which is strange when you want this "when I close flip", so it must mean: "do nothing" and let the caller think I'm "away from my phone, so I'm not able to pick it up".

Either way: my answer should allow you to do all above actions.

Second: no need for a sim-manager to add or remove a single contact on the sim-card.
DieguZ
Sorry all, I made a mistake in my last reply. However the post title is the correct one. I explain more simpler: when phone is ringing and the flip is open, closing the flip is like if I press the red button. I don't want this. I think this is a phone setting, not an operator one. However I'll test runningtiger suggestions.

Thanks
runningtiger
QUOTE (runningtiger @ Jun 8 2006, 01:59 PM) *
FYI: I just tried this on my 220 (wm2003se) and pressing the red key, or selecting the right soft key (reject), or simply shutting the flip all have the same end result...the call is sent to my voicemail.
QUOTE (DieguZ @ Jun 16 2006, 07:07 AM) *
...when phone is ringing and the flip is open, closing the flip is like if I press the red button. I don't want this.
OK, so your phone is working the same as mine. I still don't understand what you want it to do instead? So, if after you try my suggestion in my last post, if you still can't get it to do what you want it to do, please provide your definition of "ignore". Right now your phone is "refusing" the call and since it's behaving the way mine does, I know what you mean. But, I'm lost when it comes to what you want the phone to do - what you call "ignore". What exactly should happen when you "ignore" the call?

I REALLY hope my last suggestion of checking/changing the settings\phone\call forwarding menu fixes it for you!
DieguZ
QUOTE (runningtiger @ Jun 16 2006, 08:17 PM) *
OK, so your phone is working the same as mine. I still don't understand what you want it to do instead?

Simple: it must do anything, i.e. it must continue ringing so I can reopen the flip and answer to the call!

It can seem a bit bizzarre, but I receive a lot of call, and while I'm closing the flip after another "normal" call, 2 times on 3, another call incomes and it is very annoing that the call is refused.

p.s. sorry if I confuse you all, but english is not my main language.
runningtiger
QUOTE (DieguZ @ Jun 16 2006, 01:10 PM) *
p.s. sorry if I confuse you all, but english is not my main language.
No apology necessary. You're doing MUCH better than I could do if the situation were reversed!

OK...I understand your problem now. I tried to change the settings on my phone like I suggested to you earlier but apparently it has to be done with a phone call to customer service. Each time I'd uncheck it so it wouldn't use voicemail it wouldn't stick. I called myself and it went to voicemail and when I went back into the settings it was checked again. So, I can't test it.

This seems to me where the change should be made though. If you could change the no reply, busy, and/or unavailable settings to not go to voicemail it seems like the phone should continue to ring until you had a chance to re-open your phone and take the call. Or, if you didn't do that the phone call would just ring however many times the phone company lets it ring - or until the caller gave up.

I wonder if there is a registry edit to "disconnect" the voicemail since it won't "stick" going at it through the menu (at least on my phone (rom Asian 3.45) with my carrier (Cingular))? If not, the only choice I see is to call your service provider and disconnect voicemail. But, ask if it can just be for one of the scenarios not all. Like can you turn off voicemail when the phone is unavailable (presumable this is the "rejected" mode the phone is in when the flip is in the process of closing) but leave it functioning for busy (when you actually are on a call) and no reply (when you don't answer 'cuz your phone is off or out of reach)? Or, whatever way makes sense for your particular problem.

I can't think of anything else other than maybe an "active flip" style phone isn't for you since you get so many calls at the same time. When I read what you described I immediately wondered if a flat style phone would be better where you would just "hang up" from one call and be immediately ready to receive your next? That's all I got. Sorry. Maybe someone else knows something more helpful.

Good luck!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.