Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 8125 vibrating alarm
Mobile Gadget News :: Making Your Mobile Life Simpler > PocketPC Phone Edition > HTC Phone Edition Devices
snaggle
Yeah, so I am loving my new 8125, but there one thing that bugs me. The vibrating alarm lasts veeery long and is waaaay too strong. Is there a way to shorten the duration of the vibrating? It must last about 4-5 seconds at some points, I need the vibrating feature, but it is embarrassingly loud and often warbles in pitch.
runningtiger
ohmy.gif LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL...that "sub-subject" line is too funny! Is it so wrong to love your phone? cool.gif

Actually, I've noticed my MPx220 has a - how shall I say?..."vigorous" vibrate mode also. The first few times it went off I actually jumped! blink.gif YIKES! It's also loud if it's sitting on a desktop for example. In my pocket, not so much. Which pocket you ask? I'm not telling. tongue.gif A solution I found was to use the "vibrate and ring" ring type and select a short ring style. Then, when it vibrates, it matches whatever the ringtone is doing. If you need just the vibrate and not the ring sound also (other than the buzz sound) you'll also need to set the "ring volume" to "off".

I'm not sure that what I just typed was very clear so, let me try again. For instance, I have a couple ring tones that sound like old-fashioned telephones ringing. One rings like "ring-ring..PAUSE..ring-ring" and the other rings like "ring..PAUSE..ring..PAUSE..ring..PAUSE..ring". The vibration mode on the first one goes buzz-buzz..PAUSE..buzz-buzz" and the second one vibrates like "buzz..PAUSE..buzz..PAUSE..buzz..PAUSE..buzz". The ringtone I actually use is a snippet of music so there is no pause. The vibrate just buzzes for the entire 21 second ringtone. It's very satisfying...umm, I mean it really gets my attention! wink.gif

Have fun...ahem...I mean...good luck!
ACQWELL
I'm not sure that what I just typed was very clear so, let me try again. For instance, I have a couple ring tones that sound like old-fashioned telephones ringing. One rings like "ring-ring..PAUSE..ring-ring" and the other rings like "ring..PAUSE..ring..PAUSE..ring..PAUSE..ring". The vibration mode on the first one goes buzz-buzz..PAUSE..buzz-buzz" and the second one vibrates like "buzz..PAUSE..buzz..PAUSE..buzz..PAUSE..buzz". The ringtone I actually use is a snippet of music so there is no pause. The vibrate just buzzes for the entire 21 second ringtone. It's very satisfying...umm, I mean it really gets my attention!

I don't understand it
earl
You'll understand when you're older... wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.