Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alarm Sound File
Mobile Gadget News :: Making Your Mobile Life Simpler > PocketPC Phone Edition > HTC Phone Edition Devices
rlewis
On the Cingular forum located here 8125 Alarms unreliable? there's a discussion about how people are setting custom WAV files as their alarm.

How are they able to do this? I was unable to locate any menu option that allows me to select the WAV files in the \WINDOWS directory.
smeg36
They don't show up under Start/Settings/Sounds and Notifications/Notification? I've never specifically tried WAV files, but I vaguely remember having one or two show up there.
rlewis
QUOTE (smeg36 @ May 24 2006, 05:08 AM) *
They don't show up under Start/Settings/Sounds and Notifications/Notification? I've never specifically tried WAV files, but I vaguely remember having one or two show up there.

I even did a complete reset of the device, to make sure, but when I click on START|SETTINGS|SOUNDS AND NOTIFICATION | NOTIFICATIONS, I see the following events only:

ActiveSync:Begin sync
ActiveSync:End sync
Beam:Autoreceive
Connection disconnected
Connection established
Messaging:MMS downloaded
Messaging:MMS sent
Messaging:New e-mail message
Messaging:New MMS
Mesaging:New text message
Phone:Incoming call
Phone:Missed call
Phone:Voicemail
Reminders
Wireless network detected

Any thoughts?
smeg36
What event are you trying to set a sound for? The list above is the list of events on a device you can set any sound for. Say you have a sound file you want to play on an incoming email. Go to Messaging: New e-mail message as the even, make sure the Play sound box is check, then the drop down box next to it will have a list of available sounds that can play for that even.
rlewis
QUOTE (smeg36 @ May 24 2006, 06:27 AM) *
What event are you trying to set a sound for? The list above is the list of events on a device you can set any sound for. Say you have a sound file you want to play on an incoming email. Go to Messaging: New e-mail message as the even, make sure the Play sound box is check, then the drop down box next to it will have a list of available sounds that can play for that even.

As the topic says, I want to set a custom sound (specific WAV file that I have in the \WINDOWS folder) for the Alarm, the one you set when you click on START | SETTINGS | SYSTEM | CLOCK & ALARM | ALARM.

I can't seem to find any entry within the SETTINGS section, and I search the registry to no avail.

Am I missing something obvious?
rlewis
Actually I accidently just figured it out. It's not as obvious as I had hoped.

When you are setting the alarm, click the Yellow Bell icon and you can select how the device responds to the alarm as well as selecting the WAV file. I also found out accidently that you can name the alarm as well by clicking on the label.

Guess I should have tried to click on all objects on the screen before I posted this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.